Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BBrinker71

Turn off ARC when Backdrops feature is on

I am wondering if it is possible to have the TV (65" Roku Pro) turn off my ARC-connected soundbar when I put the TV in Backdrops mode. Currently I have backdrops running any time I am not using the TV, but I don't like that it is leaving my Klipsch Flexus sound system on 24/7 because of it.

If this is not already an option, I would love to see Roku make it one so I don't have to leave my sound bar on all the time!

PS - Roku killed it with this backdrops feature! I love how it looks and how much easier it is to use than the Frame, and the art being free puts it over the top. 

1 REPLY 1
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Turn off ARC when Backdrops feature is on

Hi there, @BBrinker71!

Welcome to the Roku Community! We’re thrilled to hear that you’re enjoying our latest Roku Backdrops feature.

Regarding your question about turning off the ARC-connected soundbar when using the Backdrops mode on the Roku Pro Series TV, this feature is not available at the moment. However, we appreciate your feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our Roku team for consideration.

For more information about Roku Backdrops, please refer to this How to use Backdrops on your Roku streaming devices | Official Roku Support.

Thank you for being part of our community!

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.