Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d3mk34

my roku express keeps rebooting!!

Jump to solution

I just did an update and now it Just keeps rebooting to Roku screen. it doesnt go past that screen. I tried to factory reset on the streaming device and did nothing. keeps doing the same. need help!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: my roku express keeps rebooting!!

Jump to solution

Try a different power source, especially if you're using the TV's USB port for power.  Any 5V 1A (or more than 1 Amp) USB power adapter/charger from a phone or tablet should do.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: my roku express keeps rebooting!!

Jump to solution

Try a different power source, especially if you're using the TV's USB port for power.  Any 5V 1A (or more than 1 Amp) USB power adapter/charger from a phone or tablet should do.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Alicston
Reel Rookie

my Roku express keeps rebooting!

Jump to solution

Hi there, so I had one of the first Rokus and it was great. Then I got a Roku Express and it had issues where it froze inconsistently but regularly, and I needed to reset my modem/router and let the Roku cool down before it would act normally again. Which was pretty inconvenient.

I have since moved to a new place with this second unit, and it has been troublesome since day one. I have wifi 6 but used a wifi extender with a dedicated 2.4 ghz band just for the Roku. The Roku is plugged directly into a USB port on my power bar.

It consistently reboots itself every day, at least once a day. Sometimes it will resolve itself. This week, it has just gone into endless loop of rebooting. I’ve had it powered off, I’ve rebooted the modem and router several times. I’ve had luck with it twice in the last seven days to watch something. Sometimes it will get to the Home Screen but if I use the remote to select a channel, that’s enough to trigger another endless loop of reboots.

i don’t want to upgrade to an ultra if this is just the norm with Roku products. I might as well just stream from my computer if I have to get up to cross the room this often anyways.

Any possible ideas as to why this is happening? This unit is less than 2 years old.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku express won’t stop rebooting in a loop.

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community @Alicston!

We understand that you're having an issue with your Roku device, and we appreciate the troubleshooting attempts.

No worries! we are here and ready to help you with this issue.

Please be advised that our engineering team is aware of this issue, and we will process a replacement and send you a private message about it.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
CarGuysW1fe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, so what should I do about mine. I have so many roku, so being unable to use them is a pain. Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CarGuysW1fe,

A warm welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to look closely into this concern and provide you with the best resolution possible. With that being said, could you elaborate more on your concern? What specific Roku device(s) are affected? When did you start having this issue? Are there any specific channels affected by the said issue?

Additionally, we recommend performing the below steps to see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Power-cycle your Roku player: unplug it from the wall power outlet and plug it back in.
  2. Check for updates. Go to Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now
  3. Restart your Roku player. Go to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System Restart.

Please keep us informed.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Alicston
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Looking forward to an update

0 Kudos
CarGuysW1fe
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I replied via email, but I’ve tried everything and I still encounter the same issue. I’ve resorted to muting the tv and streaming from my phone or laptop. Bummer

0 Kudos
Alicston
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m replying back to @RokuJharra-Q‘s response that a replacement would be issued for my situation. I’m following up to see if there are any updates

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the update, @Alicston!

Hope you're doing great! We wanted to give you a heads-up that we've sent you a private message. It would be greatly appreciated if you could take a moment to review it at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos