Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mczimmy

backdrops- cannot remove

Jump to solution

called customer service to get some help removing backdrops or disabling it.  the person i spoke to first said it could not be removed,  then i asked if it could be disabled.  She said it could not be disabled.  I searched on the internet and it seems that many people are frustrated with the backdrops app, add me to the list i want backdrops removed from my tv.  i used to be able to simply press the off button and turn off the tv, now i have to go thru a cumbersome process after backdrops starts and it takes much more time to turn off my tv.  turning something off should not be this difficult.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: backdrops- cannot remove

Jump to solution

Hi @mczimmy,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you want to remove Backdrops from your Roku TV. We would be more than willing to assist you with this.

Let's see if this will work for you. Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Restart your Roku TV:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

In either case, your Roku device will complete a system restart and hopefully return to normal operation after a moment.

Thank you for your cooperation. Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mczimmy,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you want to remove Backdrops from your Roku TV. We would be more than willing to assist you with this.

Let's see if this will work for you. Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Restart your Roku TV:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

In either case, your Roku device will complete a system restart and hopefully return to normal operation after a moment.

Thank you for your cooperation. Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PineyPat

Jump to solution

I tried this restart procedure very carefully and still have Backdrops.  I want it off my TV

0 Kudos
PineyPat

Jump to solution

After my second try the TV now turns off .  Believe me, no one wants the TV not to turn off when they push off. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.