Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rb64

Why doesn't Roku save my settings?

I have same issue. My hidden channels never saved. Did you find a fix?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why doesn't Roku save my settings?

Hi @Rb64,

A warm welcome, and thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

Would you mind giving us more details about the issue to further assist you regarding your concern? We'd love to take a look and see what's going on. In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jmonk86

I'm not the original poster however, I have the same issue. I have had the streaming stick just for my mobile applications in car, on road, hotel etc. I have just gotten this issue after I plugged it in again got the update and every time I start my TV now I have to walk through the set up. Every time it turns off or is powered off all of the settings are not written to the NVRAM and the startup process always leads to a setup phase. This seems to only be a recent thing as this never used to happen. As you will be able to look at my account you will see that I have set up the same device server times over this week. If you would like to work on this with me please email me or call. Either way the conclusion of this effort should be posted for others to find. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jmonk86,

Thank you for elaborating on the experience you've had with this issue.

May we know the device's current OS by going to Settings > System > About? If you happen to have other Roku devices, was it occurring to all?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.