Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are themes no longer available?

Jump to solution

Just recently the option for different themes have been removed from the Roku settings. Now there are only a few wallpaper and Screensaver options. What's more, the Screensaver I chose doesn't work although it shows it has been set as my Screensaver. Is there a way to get the old theme options back? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why are themes no longer available?

Jump to solution

Hello! @Yougood-_-,

Thanks for the question,

We're happy to help with the changes/disappearances of Roku themes.

On various occasions throughout the year, such as Valentine's Day or Halloween, Roku releases seasonal themes that only appear for a short period of time, e.g., 3 days. Your Roku device will automatically display a seasonal theme and automatically switch back after it expires.

Seasonal themes are enabled by default. You can disable them using the following instructions.

1. Open the Themes menu using steps 1 through 3 from above
  2. Select Seasonal themes
  3. Select Off to disable seasonal themes (or select On to enable them)

In addition to selecting a theme pack, you can further personalize your Roku device by:

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Hillafire40,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'd love to further investigate this issue. Can you please provide the following information below?

• What are the themes that have disappeared?
  • Could you provide us with a photo?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,                                                                                                                                        John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TheBrat
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You're not alone! I change my wallpaper all of the time especially during holidays. Imagine my surprise when I went to change it this morning from Valentine's day to spring and the entire look is different! Some idiot got the bright idea to make Wallpapers & Screensavers look like the newish (and not user friendly) Search & Streaming Store sections! Now it's impossible to use this as easily as it was before this lame change! I'm so done with Roku it ain't even funny! 

Yougood-_-

Jump to solution

Yeah, I have the same problem I don't know why change something that isn't broken. It's very annoying now.

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @Yougood-_-,

Thanks for the question,

We're happy to help with the changes/disappearances of Roku themes.

On various occasions throughout the year, such as Valentine's Day or Halloween, Roku releases seasonal themes that only appear for a short period of time, e.g., 3 days. Your Roku device will automatically display a seasonal theme and automatically switch back after it expires.

Seasonal themes are enabled by default. You can disable them using the following instructions.

1. Open the Themes menu using steps 1 through 3 from above
  2. Select Seasonal themes
  3. Select Off to disable seasonal themes (or select On to enable them)

In addition to selecting a theme pack, you can further personalize your Roku device by:

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WRRaider

Jump to solution

I am trying to use PhotoView as my screen saver but the option no longer is there. I have done this on other TV's I own. 

0 Kudos
Itsme24

Jump to solution

There's not even a "theme" option on mine and the whole screen is showing the game of thrones. It's just dark and I can't even change it back. It's driving me crazy 🤪 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Itsme24, look under Settings->Wallpapers & screensavers and turn off Seasonal and Sponsored wallpapers.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Fredna

Jump to solution

Who exactly decided to mark this thread as solved when it doesn't address the question?

Nobody asked how to change a theme. Nobody asked about seasonal availability.

And, certainly, not one person here asked how to disable their theme.

The question is asking why device themes are no longer available via the Roku Streaming Store. Easily confirmable that they aren't, at least on my fully updated device purchased within the last year that has had the same default option of 6 theme packs since I bought it. It hasn't even changed seasonally.

Absolutely ludicrous waste of resources to shuffle back and forth between themes/no themes when you could literally sell access to user created themes for $0.99 a pop or give users access to imported files from someone else's site and spend $0.

Are y'all even trying to make money? Because advertising me Grown Ups and Grown Ups 2 and Peppa Pig when I turn on my TV even though I mostly watch Bollywood and gritty TV epics and cozy British mysteries is just kind of dumb and lacks crucial oversight and forethought in 2024.

Jump to solution

This 100% does NOT answer the question. Where did the themes option go?? I purchased a screensaver for Halloween that I can’t even use. Such a waste. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.