Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PandaPanda
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku's advertisements are not family friendly. How do we fix this?

This answer was unfortunate for our family to read, as well. We have no choice but to follow in suit, unless Roku has resolved this issue since this was posted. It is not worth traumatizing our toddlers for ads that are so frightening they even disturb me!

0 Kudos
PandaPanda
Reel Rookie

Thank you! I will do this, too.

0 Kudos
PandaPanda
Reel Rookie

Thank you so much! I will do this 

0 Kudos
PandaPanda
Reel Rookie

Omg this really does work!!! Thank you thank you thank you! No more mini heart attacks every time I see an ad for that stupid “Smile” movie

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@PandaPanda exactly what did you do? There’s been several suggestions within this thread.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Jeremyhilton
Binge Watcher

That is helpful thanks for the info!

0 Kudos
IDAHO_MN

How do I remove adult themes ads?

I frequently see on my Roku ads for shows with people in sexually suggestive moments when i go to select an app to watch. These are straight and gay, sexually suggestive facial expressions (one recentlylooked like a woman havingan orgasim),  partially or mostly unclothed people, etc. I've tried several times to find a setting to turn the pop-up ads off but to no avail. I'm seriously considering ending my use of my Roku. How do I turn these off?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How do I remove adult themes ads?

Hi @IDAHO_MN,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We can understand your concern about the ads that you are seeing on the Roku device. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please be aware that while we can't please everyone with the ads that are displayed, we do strive to avoid offensive images and other things that Roku users might not agree with. We'll forward your comments to our advertising department for review.

We will forward your valuable feedback to the concerned team. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos