Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku pop up menu guide keeps appearing on screen

Jump to solution

So this happened to me as well. I had to factory reset 3 times because one time unfortunately didn’t do the trick. I also had to take mirroring off of the tv. Hope this helps anyone that goes through this 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku pop up menu guide keeps appearing on screen

Jump to solution

Hi @CRP1,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Please be advised that since you cannot find the store settings option on the shortcuts menu, we recommend that you factory reset the Roku. A factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to its factory default configuration. Specifically, the process will erase your personal preferences, unlink your device from your Roku account, reset all settings, and return your device to a state ready for initial setup. Please follow these steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move on to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
steve14
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

On my Hisense Roku smart tv,  I find  the popups mainly happen on antenna channels with a weak signal.  On strong stations it seems to  be  fine.  I have had this happening on my tv for over  3 years.  Wish there was a fix but perhaps they will never be able to remedy this issue.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Iglalthecat @steve14,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We'd love to help you with this concern and assess the situation your device is in. 

Can you send us a photo of the issue you've been having? Also, have you tried to set your device in HOME mode instead of STORE mode? If not, then we highly suggest it by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
  • Click System
  • Go to Store Settings and uncheck the box.

Let us know how this one goes!

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
CRP1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Store setting is not an option on the menu. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CRP1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you can't find the Store Setting in the System option. Please be advised that the Store Setting option is no longer available for some Roku TVs. In this case, you can check it by navigating to Home > Settings > Home Screen > Shortcuts (You will see an option to uncheck).

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CRP1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After selecting Home > Settings > Home Screen > Shortcuts, the only options to uncheck are Add Channels and Sleep Timer. Should I uncheck both of these?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CRP1,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Please be advised that since you cannot find the store settings option on the shortcuts menu, we recommend that you factory reset the Roku. A factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to its factory default configuration. Specifically, the process will erase your personal preferences, unlink your device from your Roku account, reset all settings, and return your device to a state ready for initial setup. Please follow these steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move on to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This worked the best.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.