Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peanut3171

Roku not responding to Alexa

I am having an issue with Roku connecting on Alexa .  No problems for the first few months. Now all of a sudden Alexa tells me Roku not responding check network connections.  I did that. Everything checked iut fine. Still does not work.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku not responding to Alexa

Hi @peanut3171,

Thanks for making your first post here in the Roku Community.

We'd like to know how long have you been experiencing this and what are the troubleshooting you have tried and what didn't work?

Please tell us more about this so that we can further look into this.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ralph11
Reel Rookie

I have same issue, Alexa stopped working, those are to lower the Volume, play specific channels, play live TV. All previous commands used to follow but 2 days ago it stopped, I cannot make Alexa do anything.

Alexa keep telling me to go to skills to set Roku but it is set active and linked, I had reset, unplug and plug back in Roku, disable and re-enable the Roku Skills, stating it's working after but nothing happens.

I get variable responses from Alexa, most times it stating it is doing it (following the command) but nothing happens, or "I have trouble connecting to Roku" or "I cannot do that, here are some skills" (provide a list)...

Issue: all the skills I am asking are the same request that always has worked for last 60 days (Roku is new), suddenly nothing works, even after I had reset all equipment and make sure are linked.

Also, I had used Alexa app remotely from my house (different location) to ask basic instructions to Alexa, very basic but it worked, now it doesn't (did disable and re-enable the skills) and make sure it did connect to the Roku (there's only 1 Roku in the House) after but nothing, another detail is from my cell app, it keep telling me Roku app is off, I turn on and keep turning off all the time, cannot turn on.. I was able to active or turn on very easy.

This it's happening after Roku had played a TV or Movie for a few Hrs, then it stop playing ( no actions after some time, playing the same channel) but seems it is not sleeping, it is turning off completely or somehow losing any connection. I used to be able to re-establish any action or apply any commands, now it's impossible.

No one had done any changes to Roku or Alexa settings, this started 2 days ago, need help, getting very frustrated, specially when I know it worked previously, now doesn't matter what I do to fix, it will not resolve it.

Need help

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @Ralph11.

Would you mind checking out this article on how to use Amazon Alexa to control your Roku streaming device? Also, kindly try to fully disable and enable the skill. After re-adding and linking the skill and the issue is persistent, try to remove the Roku from "all devices" in the Alexa app. Then go to the Roku skill settings and click on "Manage TV and Video" to rediscover the device.

If you are still experiencing an issue, please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
arthbil
Channel Surfer

Hi There!

I already went through the steps to connect my Roky with Alexa multiple times and did not work too. I tried resetting the tv, resetting both the skill and the app, and nothing happens. The alexa app show it is connect, but when I ask a command, it says the roku tv isn't responding. I can control the TV through the roku app.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @arthbil

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. Seeing that this issue is with Alexa app, we'd like to collect further information. Could you please provide us with the following information?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Alexa app version

Once we have this, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team who'll further investigate this issue.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
arthbil
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuTakashi,

Thanks for getting in touch!

here is the information:

Roku device model: E4FAA75R

Serial number: X012000C33HP

device ID: S0E7632C33HP

software OS/version: 12.5.5 - build 4174-DA

Alexa app version: 2020549908.0

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the follow-up, @arthbil.

Not to worry, the following information has been gathered and sent to the relevant Roku team for review and investigation. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the interim.

Let us know if you have further inquiries regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
arthbil
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuJanadeeK,

I was just able to connect with alexa!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.