Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Composite output now working for screen mirroring (Miracast & AirPlay2) on Express+ 3910

As of 6/4/21 with OS10.0.0-4195 and RokuCast 1.9.6 and AirPlay2 1.14.104, screen mirroring is now working with Composite output on the 3910 for both Miracast & AirPlay2 based connections.

Previously (all previous firmware/app versions) composite output was excluded/non-functional when mirroring (RokuCast/AirPlay2 would close to home upon connecting):

https://support.roku.com/article/208754928

Does my Roku device support screen mirroring?

Most current generation Roku streaming players and Roku TVs support screen mirroring with notable exceptions listed below. To find the model of your Roku device, go to Settings > System > About.

• Roku Express: Screen mirroring is supported on models 3930 and 3900, but not on model 3700.
  • Roku Express+: Screen mirroring is supported on models 3931 and 3910, but not on model 3710. On model 3910, screen mirroring is only supported on the HDMI output, and not on the composite, or A/V output.

As of 6/4/21 this information is no longer accurate/true, and mirroring (Miracast and AirPlay2) now works in composite output mode.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Composite output now working for screen mirroring (Miracast & AirPlay2) on Express+ 3910

"As of 6/4/21 this information is no longer accurate/true, and mirroring (Miracast and AirPlay2) now works in composite output mode."

Is this still the case with the latest version of Roku OS in 2024?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Composite output now working for screen mirroring (Miracast & AirPlay2) on Express+ 3910

Yes - AirPlay2 & Miracast mirroring both still work when connected in Composite (RCA) output mode with RokuOS 12.5.5-4174. This information comes from the OP. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos