Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simsfan81
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

Call Roku and ask them why they are pushing this out to all devices 816-272-8106 @AJCxZ0 

0 Kudos
Musiclover1
Binge Watcher

@techfan i do not see how being required to provide my original receipt of purchase should have anything to do with asking to opt-out. 

joebios01
Streaming Star

@Musiclover1 I'd assume they want to establish ownership of the device. Providing a valid Device SN may suffice.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@sirlou wrote:

Third, BRICKING THE DEVICES (and TVs and APPs) with their digital lock (e.g., you CANNOT get past the pop-up at all) amount, IMHO, to theft of property. If they want to brick it then they should pay full market costs I paid for the devices.

You can get past the lock, although it will reappear at a later time. Just press the Home button several times until it's gone. I did that and then used Disney+ for some time without a problem. Every time it returned, I simply cleared it again and kept using the player. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
sirlou
Binge Watcher

Re: Dispute Resolution Terms Blocking Access to TV Functionalities

How? What buttons or combo did you use? I can't get any to make the pop-up go away with my Roku remotes or phone app remote.

thanks!

0 Kudos
atc98092

I just kept pressing the Home button until it cleared. Different attempts took different number of presses. But it has always cleared. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Maribeo60
Reel Rookie

I pressed without counting the home button and because it was not working I continued ( without stopping) with the arrow <— beside the home button . As I said before , I just pressed both buttons and it worked , for how long it works,  who knows ? 

sirlou
Binge Watcher

I tried that and it did not work for me. Perhaps it is different for different Roku devices.

Others have mentioned ppl may be accidentally accessing the Secret Maintenance Menus. I am not sure which menu options I would use if I were to do so.

All in all it is an absolutely rubbish way to treat customers.

0 Kudos
Kt82

We unplugged ours for about an hour and it disconnected from the internet. No popup. We mostly use the TV for video games and we cast to the TV using a different device.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@sirlou wrote:

Others have mentioned ppl may be accidentally accessing the Secret Maintenance Menus.

Nope, impossible to open any of the hidden menus just by pressing the Home button. It takes a combination of button presses using numerous buttons. 

Dan

0 Kudos