Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBRAD

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

I was able to use the Roku remote app on my phone to bypass the agree screen blocking access to programming, then it allowed my actual remote to work as normal.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Dispute terms resolution update

@snicodemus, make sure you're using the TV's remote if you have another Roku device connected that has its own remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Re: I don't agree to Dispute Resolution Terms update. TV now unusable. Now what, Roku?

I can agree to disagree!! You cannot make me agree to something you guys email me. This is why I do not subscribe to anything you all post. Because it's a lie!!!

footer

Having the same issue. I've been communicating with Roku via chat and they are aware. I do not have a Roku remote and my Chromecast remote won't let me accept the new terms. Honestly, I'm not entirely clear why I even need Roku or the benefit. I have a TCL TV and it seems to be their built-in interface so maybe the solution is don't buy a TCL TV. The TV in the bedroom is Samsung and works perfectly fine without Roku. Instead of updating their dispute terms, perhaps they should update their relevance.

Packerhead
Reel Rookie

I can't get my remote to do anything. I have tried over and over to use the * symbol, but nothing happens.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Packerhead Use the home button several times to clear the message. It will return after a while, but just clear it again. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Packerhead
Reel Rookie

Thanks- I'll give it a try.

0 Kudos
Acontreras45
Channel Surfer

Not a dispute resolution. It' an indemnity clause.

They can call it "dispute resolution" all they want, they want indemnity from consequences. 

Imagine your doctor, automobile maker, repair man said, "I can't do your operation today unless you sign this. 

What is it?

"It says no matter what I do to you, there is no recourse and you can never sue me. You can opt out of waiving your rights to recourse but you need mail that in. Then maybe by next month you can have your operation". 

This is the path we are heading down. My HOA even attempted to slip in an indemnity clause to our bi-laws

I suppose they can ask line the pockets of the same politicians big pharma bribed to make them immune. 

Ernie1965

What are you doing are you holding millions of TVs hostage what are you going to do if no one signs you or Grace to your stupid agreement release our TVs we should not be held hostage

o2night
Streaming Star

In my original post, I said the same thing, mashing the back arrow button a couple of times did it for me.  However, now that I've just tried to change from one Youtube video to another, I have been bricked again.  
I am thoroughly disgusted now.  Tomorrow I will go buy a regular non-"smart" television and put my dang Amazon FIrestick in it.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.