Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wes_H
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku disables player with attempt to coerce arbitration agreement

I reported to FTC. I'm thinking a class action suit by all who do not agree for the amount required to replace the now non-functional TV sets.

Musiclover1
Binge Watcher

@Wes_H unfortunately, I agreed to the terms so that I can actually use my television, but I do not agree with it at all.

0 Kudos
techfan
Streaming Star

> I need to send them a physical letter stating that?

I did not go to law school, but that is my best understanding of the terms. Though, if it were me, I'd be careful to include every single thing they request and send it by certified mail. At this, point, I have trust issues with them.

Or, you can do what I did. Don't agree! Instead, mash the home button rapidly (and repeatedly). If that doesn't work, mash the back button (<-) rapidly and repeatedly. The latter helped me escape.

To inject a bit of humor into the mix...

This is how I felt when I turned on my ROKU TV this morning...

How I Felt About The Roku Pop-UpHow I Felt About The Roku Pop-Up

This is what I drank while figuring out how NOT to agree...

What I Drank AfterwardsWhat I Drank Afterwards

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Update to Dispute Resolution. anyone seen this on their TV?

@Shmitchell400 

No.  It is not legit.  Roku never charges for Support.  Plenty of scam sites on the internet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Wes_H
Reel Rookie

Sounds like you were a victim of coercion. I don't think a coerced agreement would hold up in court. So, agree, and claim coercion if the time comes. Report to FTC as evidence of coercion.

Maribeo60
Reel Rookie

Do you mind to share an example of your opt out letter , without your personal information. I don’t want to press the agree button, I want to opt out , but because I am not proficient in English I am worry of the language I may use in that letter. 
Thank You 

snicodemus

Dispute terms resolution update

To whom this may concern,

Thank you very much for updating your "Dispute Resolution Terms".  Now my Roku TV will not work!  The screen is stuck on Agree.

1000009254.jpg

edroksense
Roku Guru

Re: Dispute terms resolution update

We have to agree with the terms of Roku or else don't use Roku anymore. One way choice only is to agree with the terms and then we will be billed for subscription next to use it.

No more free this time, We have to pay to their services.

DBRAD

Re: Dispute Resolution Terms Blocking Access to TV Functionalities

I was able to use the Roku remote app on my phone to bypass the agree screen blocking access to programming, then it allowed my actual remote to work as normal.

Wes_H
Reel Rookie

Dear Roku, I do not agree to the Dispute Resolution Terms that were presented to me on March 3rd 2024 via the software that is running on my personally owned TV. When presented to me I had to choose between clicking on the agree button accompanying the terms or losing the functionality and therefore replacement value of my TV. This is my legal notice to you that I am retaining my rights to sue you both personally and as a party to a class action suit.

Sincerely,

Name

Signature