Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RFaber

Roku Ultra Bluetooth volume control not working after update

Hi,

After my Roku Ultra got updated to Roku OS 14, Bluetooth volume control is no longer working.

I could previously control the volume of my Bluetooth headphones with the volume controls on the remote, but after the update, I just get a full circle showing, where I previously saw the volume turning up or down.

I can workaround it by using the volume controls on the headphones, but that is much less convenient than using the remote.

Is this a known bug?

Cheers,
Rasmus.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra Bluetooth volume control not working after update

Hi, @RFaber.

We appreciate you reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're having an issue controlling your Bluetooth head volume after the update. No worries, we're here to help.

Could you please provide the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (You may follow these steps: Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

In the meantime, you may try restarting your streaming device.
Here are the steps:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

Moreover, we also suggest you unpair and re-pair your headphones from your streaming device. 

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.