dacca

Roku Streambar with sony str-ks370

Jump to solution

Long story short. Have an old 5.1 surround system that I want to hook up to my living room TV. Is there a way to get the audio from the Soundbar to the receiver? I have been reading mixed answers, most saying no, but some others saying yes by not using the arc and use optical cables instead and I don't know which to believe. Plan B might be to swap the soundbar with the Roku Ultra in the bedroom.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar with sony str-ks370

Jump to solution

Hello! @dacca,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your inquiry about connecting your Roku Streambar with the Sony STR-S370. We are happy to assist you.

The Roku Streambar is unable to connect to a receiver to provide 5.1 surround sound. Additionally, it is not possible to mix audio from the Roku with non-Roku audio. As a result, attempting to combine them will not yield the desired result.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar with sony str-ks370

Jump to solution

Hello! @dacca,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your inquiry about connecting your Roku Streambar with the Sony STR-S370. We are happy to assist you.

The Roku Streambar is unable to connect to a receiver to provide 5.1 surround sound. Additionally, it is not possible to mix audio from the Roku with non-Roku audio. As a result, attempting to combine them will not yield the desired result.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.