Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Muffled music audio on streambar

Hello! @Malk,

Thank you for your question,

We completely understand your concern about why we're sending private messages to some users, especially those who require additional assistance. We must maintain security and protect personal information, ensuring everyone receives the help they need safely and securely.

• Is this the first time you set up your Roku Streambar? If NOT, is this the first time you have
    experienced this issue? When did the issue start?
  • Is your Roku Streambar connected to a Roku TV or non-Roku TV?
  • How is the Audio connected? ARC HDMI port or Optical port?
  • Is your Roku device up to date?

system restart is the least invasive reset method. It involves removing the power cord from your Roku device for at least 10 seconds before plugging it back in. You can use the instructions below to restart the system from the Settings menu.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

In either case, your Roku device will complete a system restart and hopefully return to regular operation after a moment.

Before connecting a game console, Blu-ray player, or other device to your TV, you must set up your Roku audio device first.

If you have a Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, or Roku Smart Soundbar, you must connect it to the HDMI port labeled ARC on your TV. If another device already uses the ARC (Audio Return Channel) port, consider moving that device to a different HDMI port – only one device can be connected to the HDMI ARC port. In addition to the HDMI cable, you need to connect the included optical cable to your TV's optical output, sometimes labeled Digital Audio Out or Digital Output. This connection carries TV audio to your Streambar or Smart Soundbar, while the HDMI connection delivers video to the TV.

Learn how to fix audio/video (A/V) sync issues in the detailed A/V troubleshooting article.

If the issue persists, please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we will pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.
In the meantime, your patience and understanding is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Distorted sound suddenly on Streambar

@CaptainTash,

Thanks for following up!

We understand the importance of your reported issue and want to assure you that we are continuing our investigation. We aim to provide you with a more detailed update as soon as additional information is available. We appreciate your patience.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CaptainTash
Channel Surfer

A "more detailed update"...

You haven't given any details thus far! 

And it's been weeks. Plus, I am not thr first or last person to raise this as an issue, so it should have been dealt with a long time ago.

0 Kudos

I have experience **bleep**ty service before but this is the **bleep**tiest night ever seen how does a speaker stop malfunctioning it’s a speaker if there’s a software problem and it’s a **bleep** manufacture this is the worst I’ve ever seen something with updates and just become completely useless this company is absolutely horrible. 

0 Kudos

This company is a joke I’ve never seen a product works so horribly totally regret buying only good thing is I didn’t have to pay full price for it because it was on clearance. But **bleep** because I can’t return it if I could I return it in a heartbeat save me the trouble of looking at it and wishing you could be the product advertised. And the fact that they keep saying I will reach out to you and we have our technicians looking into this is a bold face lie this has been going on since 2022 people. Pile of **bleep** 💩.  

0 Kudos

How is adjusting your HDMI gonna fix the sound quality of the speaker I’m not even a tech guy and I’m like dude go back to school. 

0 Kudos
Malk
Channel Surfer

Still not working. Roku refuses to help. I'm done. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Malk,

Thanks for the update,

We would be happy to investigate further, but we need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SpotiflyerApp
Reel Rookie

Muffled audio can be really frustrating, especially when you’re trying to enjoy your music. A few things to check: ensure the audio settings on your Streambar are properly configured, try a different audio source to rule out any issues with the content, and make sure your connections are secure. At SpotiflyerApp, clear and crisp audio is key, so hopefully, these tips help improve your sound quality!

0 Kudos
CoopsMom

This is becoming very frustrating! I have both a Smartbar and a stream bar and both have this issue. This in my opinion is clearly a firmware issue and given I’m seeing this issue go back as far as 2020 is even more frustrating. I have multiple roku devices in my home, shop, RV, etc. I don’t want to move to another platform but I will if this issue goes on much longer. 4+ years of the same firmware problem isn’t a good look and will not result in my loyalty to Roku. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.