Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous Sound with Roku Wireless Speakers

Jump to solution

I purchased the Roku Wireless Speakers but I don’t want to use them as surround sound. I just wanted it to play the same sound coming from the streamer bar. Is that possible? I’ve attached a steamer bar to a projector and I need sound on the other side of the yard. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Simultaneous Sound with Roku Wireless Speakers

Jump to solution

Hi, @Classicromance.

Welcome aboard to the Roku Community!

Thanks for your inquiry regarding your Roku Wireless Speakers and Roku Streambar setup. We're here to provide the information you need. 

By default, these speakers work as a stereo pair, meaning that audio is split between the two, with one acting as the left channel and the other as the right. However, you can adjust the audio settings in the Roku interface to have both speakers output the same audio simultaneously rather than functioning strictly in a surround sound setup. Please note that the speakers are designed for use as part of a surround sound system and are optimized for this setup. Even if it is possible to use them in this setup,  please consider that they are intended to be positioned within 30 feet of your Roku TV, Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, or Roku Smart Soundbar for optimal performance.

As shown in the image below:

image.png

For more tips, check out this support article: What is the best placement for my Roku wireless speakers?

Let us know if you need more help. We are always ready to assist. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Simultaneous Sound with Roku Wireless Speakers

Jump to solution

Hi, @Classicromance.

Welcome aboard to the Roku Community!

Thanks for your inquiry regarding your Roku Wireless Speakers and Roku Streambar setup. We're here to provide the information you need. 

By default, these speakers work as a stereo pair, meaning that audio is split between the two, with one acting as the left channel and the other as the right. However, you can adjust the audio settings in the Roku interface to have both speakers output the same audio simultaneously rather than functioning strictly in a surround sound setup. Please note that the speakers are designed for use as part of a surround sound system and are optimized for this setup. Even if it is possible to use them in this setup,  please consider that they are intended to be positioned within 30 feet of your Roku TV, Roku Streambar, Roku Streambar Pro, or Roku Smart Soundbar for optimal performance.

As shown in the image below:

image.png

For more tips, check out this support article: What is the best placement for my Roku wireless speakers?

Let us know if you need more help. We are always ready to assist. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.