Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CTOCSE8
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Streambar stuck in a recovery mode update loop

Jump to solution

Until ROKU tech support contacts you, you are the proud owner of a brick.  It will take them a week or more to reach out to you.  Don't toss it in the heap, although you'll want to it's so frustrating.  No matter how many times you follow the process, it still comes back to "recovery". 

My sticks worked fine and were on 13.0.  The streambar DOES NOT update to 13.0.  It stays on 12.x.x

Post the version, Serial #, Device ID and the 9102R stuff from the recovery page on your post and eventually someone from tech support will contact you and tall you to try again.  It took 2-3 tries after that to finally come back from the Blue Screen of Roku Death.

If you feel like a woman who was boxing an Algerian man, then they were successful!

0 Kudos
CTOCSE8
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to me while watching early in the morning, in May 2024!!!!.  Get ready to wait a week or more before tech support gets to you and resolves the problem.  Put the SN and Model and device ID in your note.

Bigi ROKU Do Over!  Same code monkeys building 737MAX and Starliner.  Didn't do the math right so missed the orbit.  Ooops.

0 Kudos
CTOCSE8
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Don't go down the "it's your Router or ISP issue!"   This is a ROKU issue that has reared it's ugly head again!!!  

It's not your router, it's not your TV firmware, or your dog pooping on the neighbors lawn.  The problem is with the ROKU streambar and it will take them a week or more to get to you in the queue to fix their latest jacked up roll out.  Post your device SN, Model and the device ID and prepare to be in the queue for a week or more.

Went through the same tale chase with the tech support queue card readers in May.  They had same problems with TV's but not sure what they did to fix them.  All I know is they finally contacted me via email to give it a try.  Good luck.  My email exploded with everyones latest Roku loop da loop today! 

0 Kudos
Emillz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Has there been a fix identified for this issue? Mine just started the recovery mode look as of today. 

I have attempted to process an update, which then leads to the screen saying to not unplug the device while the update is completed, but it then just loads back to the recovery mode screen. I have attempted holding the reset button, but that just loads back to recovery mode. Unplugging power has not helped either.

Has any solution been identified by Roku or anyone else?

0 Kudos
zclin84

Jump to solution

Same issue encountered just today 3 Aug 2024.Nothing works it just keeps looping..

0 Kudos
Gregrv
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I see Roku is investing the problem of the Roku Stream bar getting stuck in recovery mode but that was a month ago, any solutions to the problem yet as mine is doing the same thing ?

0 Kudos
CTOCSE8
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Post your device info from lower left of the recovery screen to ROKU, and eventually they will get to you via email  It's a one by one recovery mode kind of like the Crowdstrike/Microsoft debacle.  It cannot be resolved via a push to fix all users problems.

0 Kudos
CTOCSE8
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Same problem, new batch of victims.  Just in time to stop stream of men beating up women in Paris or stranded Starliner passenger updates.

Post your device info from the recovery page and ROKU will contact your in a week or more to resolve.  They will try and tell you your ISP is the problem, or your router is the problem.  The only common denominator is the ROKU STREAMBAR when everything else works!

0 Kudos
Gregrv
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Tried everything listed here but nothing works, still stuck in recovery mode.

Hopefully someone from Roku gets back to me with a solution.

Version 9.3.0*1050

Serial Number YL00G2733716 

Device ID 2A10AG733716

Roku 9102R

I also wanted to add that I am using a Sony TV which is plugged into a wall outlet and I have followed all of the on-screen instructions to complete recovery several times including a factory reset several times but nothing works.

jr7313

Re: Roku Streambar stuck in an endless recovery mode update loop

Jump to solution

How do you get to the "HOME" screen when you're in the endless recovery loop? HELP!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.