Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ktrisa
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Fwrem84
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar stuck in a recovery mode update loop

Jump to solution
  • Same here.  Woke up this morning to the endless update recovery loop.  Tried all recommendations in this thread, same recovery mode screen each time.
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ridley83@Ktrisa,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you've been experiencing with your Roku device, which is stuck in recovery mode, and we apologize for the inconvenience it has caused.

We'd like to take action on this, but we need more details to see if there are any options that we can look further into.

Refer to these questions to better identify the issue you're experiencing:

• Does the issue occur before or after an update?
  • Are there any changes in the setup or settings of your Roku device or your network provider that might cause the problem?
  • Are you encountering any error codes or messages?
  • Could you also tell us the specific troubleshooting steps you have taken to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
monkeychum
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do we get a replacement device? Roku pushed out an update, it's left myself and many users with bricked/unusable devices. I can't even pair the remote with it & it's stuck on the recovery mode screen. So what are the options here & how does Roku as a company propose to resolve? 

Version: 9.3.0 * 1058

Serial number: YLO09M728622

Device ID: 3К6149728622

Roku: 9101R2

0 Kudos
Ridley83
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Completely agree, seems like a lot of people having been having this trouble for months now with no way to resolve the issue, how are Roku planning on dealing with this?

monkeychum
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did manage to get the remote working & can connect to Wifi network. Unfortunately now it's just in a loop of it saying it's downloading update > restarting > hopping ROKU screen > back to Recovery Mode > repeat > repeat > repeat 

Seems Roku managed to one-up CrowdStrike and leave the devices totally non-recoverable. Kudos Roku

Bobskorn

Jump to solution

My soundbar is also stuck in recovery mode boot loop. No matter how many times I let it update it boots back to the recovery mode screen.  We didn't change any settings only turned the device on this morning.  I have tried to hold down the reset button on the back and no matter to he length of time it still comes to the recovery mode screen

Fwrem84
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still loops back to recovery mode screen today, no matter what recommendations I try from this forum.  (Roku 9102R Version 9.3.0 * 1050) From the number of posts today, appears that an update went out last few days that bricked our devices.  Looking to understand how Roku is going to rectify this situation.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Having same issue. Started this afternoon.

Model 9102x

Serial 2A1288554664

CTOCSE8
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

To all the latest victims of ROKU update on their streambars, it will be a week or more before they reach out and tell you to try again.  And when you do try again, it may take 2-3 tries before your device comes back to life. 

Hope you don't feel like a woman being beat up by an Algerian guy by the process.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.