Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TostiIJzer
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express 2024 update issue

You're completely right. Roku doesn't seem to be taking note of what's going on either, because they just keep repeating the same information, and asking for information that's been posted before. 

I did get a private message about replacing the device, but I haven't heard back in days either so no idea what is happening in that regard, especially since other Roku employees keep trying to troubleshoot. 

I get that mistakes happen and, although a faulty update like this really shouldn't happen and is kind of embarrassing, they should at least own up to it. We at least need some clear communication.

At least for people like me with a Roku Express we can still use our TV. But imagine your entire TV has been broken for weeks and you get no info whatsoever. 

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Unfortunately that's all you get here most of the time. Someone complains about an issue and then a moderator takes notice but doesn't really respond to the issue. They'll come in and paste pre-written troubleshooting steps that most people have already tried because it's common sense stuff.

Then they start asking for device specific information like your serial number and what software version you are running. All of which is useless because most of these issues are not device specific.

Then they'll just keep repeating the same questions to everyone who complains and nothing gets fixed. Customer service from Roku is a joke and they don't take it seriously. They should have immediately investigated and rolled back whatever update did this and then fixed it before releasing it again.

You don't leave your customers hanging for days or weeks with no solutions where they can't use their device or in some cases their entire TV! What a nightmare for those people! Luckily for me none of my Roku devices have been affected by this but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before something in the future screws them up.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@TostiIJzer,

We're sorry for not getting back to you sooner about this issue.

I've sent you a PM regarding this.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Shameless001 ,

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@OldFE,

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @d3mk34,

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TostiIJzer
Channel Surfer

Has anyone who's posted here actually received a replacement?

It's been two months since this problem started. I've been contacted by three or four different people from the community support team regarding a replacement for my broken Roku, but haven't actually received a confirmation of shipment of a replacement, or any other email communication from Roku Support.

While the people I've messaged me have been friendly and I don't know how much Community Support can actually do about it, I think Roku costumer service is very bad overall. They push a faulty update, bricking a device, and it then takes over two months to replace it. And a Roku Express is not elegible for agent support, so you can't even talk to Roku Support directly, which just adds to the poor service Roku is currently delivering.

0 Kudos
Mark614
Channel Surfer

I received a few private messages from Roku too. They asked for a shipping address and contact info. That was in the beginning of February. I never received a replacement and they have not responded to any messages. I was wondering if anyone else in this thread was told they would get a replacement too. I thought maybe they reached out to me because I started this discussion when the update was released. 

0 Kudos
TostiIJzer
Channel Surfer

Ah I see. They have been responsive when I asked for updates via private messages on this forum, but no emails. Not really sure what to do. Last thing they told me yesterday was that there are shipping delays that are expected to be resolved next month. But there are no shortages in the Roku store so I'm sceptical. 

0 Kudos
Naiveatheart
Channel Surfer

Nope. Not a one and what’s more interesting I can’t find the thread in her or my email. There was the whole hack that happened and now I’m wondering if we were a part of it by providing addresses …what way ye Roku? Did you scam us or was our identity stolen?

0 Kudos