Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azabor
Reel Rookie

Re: How many streaming sticks on one account

I have 3 streaming sticks on my account.

When I set them up it was with different apps on each (kids vs adult) not with I went back to my Roku - all of my apps have been replaced with the kid's apps! Is there a way to "de-link" the sticks so I can show different apps on each? Did I set them up incorrectly?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @azabor

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community. 

We're here to help. Note that when you add an app to your Roku device, you’re actually adding it to your Roku account. As a result, the app will automatically be added to all Roku devices linked to your Roku account. When you remove an app, the same is true — it will be removed from all Roku devices linked to your Roku account.

If you'd like you can create another Roku account where you can link their Roku device and manage them separately. Please note that Roku accounts are free. You may refer to this link: How to create a Roku account

Hope this helps. Let u know if you have any other concerns. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Your channel choices are attached to your Roku account, which is identified by the email address used for the account.

Each Roku linked to that same account gets the channels for that account.  Add/remove a channel on one Roku, you add/remove on all Rokus linked to that same Roku account.

Roku menu path Settings/System/About on each Roku will show you the account to which it is linked.

The only way to have separate channel lists on different Rokus is to link them to different Roku accounts.

Note that the ORDER of the channels shown on the Roku home page channel grid can be unique to each Roku even if linked to the same Roku account.  If you scroll down the grid you may find your "missing" channels.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
azabor
Reel Rookie

Thank you! I have just created another account. Next question, how do i switch one device to another account? I am assuming I click "unlink" the one device and then sign out on the TV from that account. then sign in under the new email?

I didnt want to do anything before getting an expert's opinion/instruction first!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @azabor,

Thanks for following up regarding how to update the Roku devices that are linked to one Roku account.

You are definitely right, you just need to unlink the device from the Roku account and then link your desired device again to your account just like you did with the initial setup.

You can visit this Support article for detailed instructions on how to do it:

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@azabor-

Yes, you can log into your current Roku account at https://my.roku.com and unlink the Roku.  (I'm not sure if this is really necessary as I think linking it to a different acount will take care of it, but it can't hurt to unlink manually to make sure.)

To link to a new account perform a Factory Restart via Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset. This will clear out the unit's memory and you'll then have to set it up again as though it were a new unit right out of the box.  In the process link it to a different account (i.e use a different email address).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos