Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Photo streams only displaying some of my photos on slideshow

Jump to solution

Hi @Lmcgee13,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the Roku Photo Streams. We would be happy to look further into this issue but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, and device ID (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • When did this issue first start occurring?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Marie7
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hello

do you have an update please?

Thanks

Marie

DinoF
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem and it's nothing to do with reboots or particular devices. I've tried rebooting a number of times (voluntarily and not) and it's always the same few photos which rotate.

The problem existed when I had less than a hundred photos loaded and now I have over a thousand and the problem is the same.

I have a Roku TV, a Roku Streambar and two different Roku devices plus an older third I tried for the helluvit. It's the same on all TVs.

Photostream is a novel idea but I can get fed up of seeing even my favorite photos.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DinoF,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having a problem with your photo stream. We're happy to help. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the home button 5 times, followed by the back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards, 

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JenK1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with a brand new Roku TV I purchased in May 2023. It shows the first 25 photos of an album that has 200 photos. I just cycles through the first 25. I can't even see the other photos if I hand scroll through, only the first 25. On your web page inthe photo stream section I can see all the photos and click through them. It just doesn't work on the TV home screen option. Thanks for any info. Jen K

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JenK1,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about this behavior with the Photo Stream not showing the entire set of photos that you've uploaded. Let's work on this together to fix it. Kindly follow and perform the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue:

1. Remove the Photo Stream channel by highlighting it and pressing the star (*) button.
2. Restart the Roku device from Settings > System > System Restart.
3. Install the channel again.

Also, each photo appears for 10 seconds, and the stream loops in random order during a slide show. You can see more here: How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device

Let us know if the issue has been resolved.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Marie7
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Didn’t work for me. I was told your techs would be working on resolving this issue but it has been months already and still nothing.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Marie7,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Please be advised that we've already flagged this case to the concerned, and hopefully this will be resolved soon.

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We'll need your patience and understanding in the meantime as our team further looks into this.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
mmiller01
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same problem.  I have four streams with 100 photos/per stream and it only streams through a small subset of the photos.

It takes a fair amount of time uploading the pictures so hopefully the solution doesn't require removing/deleting photos that have already been uploaded!

C3J3

Jump to solution

I have the issue any resolve?