Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmarcus87

Photo streams only displaying some of my photos on slideshow

I just set up a stream album on Roku Photo Streams. I made sure to go to the Home button on remote and selected that that album (the only one I have created so far) is set up to be the main screen saver. I have 177 photos on there. First time the screen saver slide show played it went through every photo. Then all of a sudden it only plays the first 25 photos and then starts over again in the same order without showing the rest. I turned the Tv on and off and reset everything and it kept doing it. Then after like the 10th try (after it had to go through the first 25 photos again and again and again :S) it starts to show all of them (yay). That was yesterday. Today I put the screensaver on and it’s doing it again only showing a small percentage of the album! What am I doing wrong here? I need this to work because it’s all photos of my daughters first year of life and want the screensaver to play in the background of her bday party. Also, is there a way to pick where the slide show starts? Or have it be random? It’s going in order of the last photo I uploaded so going from her most recent photos to birth when I would ideally like it to be the other way around. Thank you!

89 REPLIES 89
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Photo streams only displaying some of my photos on slideshow

Hi @Jmarcus87,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Additionally, during a slideshow, each photo appears for 10 seconds and the stream loops in a random order. You can see more here: How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Marie7
Binge Watcher

Hello,

I tried to remove the channel, then update the system then add back the screensaver like you recommended but it didn’t work: it is showing the same picture over and over again.

please advise

0 Kudos
RokuMaresa
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Marie7 

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We are concerned to hear that removing the channel, updating the system, and adding back the screensaver did not work.

Since the issue still persists, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Mares

MaresH.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Marie7
Binge Watcher

Hello, i answered by email to this message with all the requested information. Didn’t want to answer on this thread as it was personal information about my device.

did you get my reply? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Marie7,

Thanks for following up.

We are not receiving an email however please feel free to post the information in a reply or if you feel more comfortable, you can send the information in a PM.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Marie7
Binge Watcher

Thank you but how do I PM?

0 Kudos
Marie7
Binge Watcher

Hello Maresa,

here are the answers

Device model: 3960X - Roku Express
Serial number: X026006K5FX6
Device ID: S0KC32CK5FX6
Software: 12.0.0 build 4184-ED

It is just the photo streams channel. (version: 1.44 build 261a5151)

the error keeps occurring and the issue ID is X6-196-843
0 Kudos
RokuMaresa
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Marie7

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
We have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will make sure to update this thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Mares

MaresH.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lmcgee13
Reel Rookie

The same thing is happening to me. I have 400 photos in my stream and it only shuffles through the same 25.