Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Droid_Nut
Channel Surfer

On screen clock all of the time,

I think it would be great to be able to see the time in the upper right hand corner all of the time, even when you are watching a show. This is a recommendation, please add as a feature.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: On screen clock all of the time,

There's a place for suggestions:

Suggest a Feature | Roku Community | Roku

I'd like this feature and developers could add it to any channel/app right now, but I think it would have to be something that could be enabled/disabled because I'm sure some people wouldn't like it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a voice remote, you can just ask "What time is it?" It does show in the upper right hand corner in the 11.5 OS. In 12.0 it shows at the bottom of the screen.

The two programmable buttons on my remote are for "What day is it?" and "What time is it?"

It's just a momentary display, though.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Just a guess on my part, but that would probably require the approval of every channel provider on Roku devices. And I agree that it would have to have a way to toggle it off if desired. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

They could add an item in the * option menu to display time: on/off/momentarily. They figured it out for closed captions.

0 Kudos
Droid_Nut
Channel Surfer

Obviously you are guessing, because PIP, and display over other apps is not a problem.

0 Kudos
Droid_Nut
Channel Surfer

I would like to see the time at a glance. I could just pick up my phone if I want to do it manually.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may be able to find suitable third party add-on hardware if you google "wall clock". 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.