Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting/Screen Mirroring to Roku via PC, stuck at 1/3 of the way

Hi guys a little tricky one here.

I can not cast from my windows PC to my Roku. My laptop works just fine. Both are on the latest version of windows 11. Laptop has all the "fun" windows firewalls and network default settings on at installation, PC has firewall down. No aftermarket firewall, just windows. Interestingly, my Google Pixel 8 can cast from the youtube app but no other apps or home screen.

My PC will detect the Roku but it will never get passed about 1/3 of the way and looks like all the photos provided in the linked thread below. If I find a solution I'll post it but I am getting a Chromecast tomorrow.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/Casting-screen-mirror-fails-on-PC-Laptop-cau...

Before you ask.
I am using a Roku Ultra Model 4800x
My router is a Netgear Nighthawk (no firewall)
Yes, I've gone through the Roku system settings to enable casting
Yes, I've tried every half-baked idea I can find on reddit, youtube, or here
No, it's not my connection to the router
Running on Microsoft Windows 11 Home - 10.0.22631

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.