Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmcclen1

Updating firmware forces airtv hard drive to format

Updating firmware wants to format external hard drive every time and erase all programming. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Updating firmware forces airtv hard drive to format

Greeting @dmcclen1

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

Could you walk us through the issue you are seeing? Kindly specify the issue that occurs and what are the steps to reproduce the problem. Have you taken any troubleshooting steps?

We'd like to learn more about this and looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

What is an Air TV hard drive? Are you saying there's a channel on Roku devices that allow recording? Or is this just an external drive that contains media you can watch using Roku Media Player?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

AirTV has nothing to do with Roku. AirTV is related to Sling and is an external tuner that is network connected. You use an app on Roku and other devices to watch TV and recordings. It uses the Sling app and integrates the tuner channels into it's guide.

Not sure if the OP is talking about the Roku update to OS 12, or that AirTV wants to update it's firmware.

There is a reddit for AirTV:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AirTV/ 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.