Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay43
Channel Surfer

Re: Guest Mode is broken, bad firmware update

I saw that @RokuJechealR responded to a similar guest mode issue. Maybe they can weigh in/get this issue to the right people?

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We are glad to have you reporting the issue of your Roku streaming devices. For us to further assist you, we would like to know the details below:

• When did you start to experience this issue?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  • What is the OS version and model of your Roku device?
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Providing this information will help us investigate the issue more thoroughly. We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Florida-Rentals,

Thank you for the response.

Thank you for providing additional details about the issue with your Roku Streaming device in Guest mode. We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have taken to try to fix the issue. Please provide the details mentioned above so that we can coordinate this issue with our Roku-appropriate team.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MikeWalker
Channel Surfer

I can't provide all of the details you requested, as these devices are in a rental unit that I am not able to physically visit right now.

Here are the details I can provide:

• Seeing this problem in 2 of 2 units, both are in guest mode.
  • Models of both:  Streaming Stick 4k
  • Serial numbers can be provided if helpful.

As far as diagnostics/troubleshooting.  I did the following when I did have access to the devices:

• Power cycled both devices
  • Exited from Guest Mode
  • Re-entered guest mode
  • Checked that latest version of Software installed - reported as last update was 9/15/2024, and no new updates were available

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MikeWalker,

Thanks for the update!

We appreciate the information you provided. However, for our Roku-appropriate team to investigate this issue thoroughly, we need the details mentioned above.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jay43
Channel Surfer

Thanks for doing that, @Florida-Rentals. I have guests right now and can’t do the troubleshooting process.

0 Kudos
Florida-Rentals
Channel Surfer

I'm happy to, @Jay43.  I assume that most Guest Mode users are in the same situation. Hopefully, Roku can resolve this quickly. It seems that the key is to let the box sign the guest out automatically, and then it goes weird. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Greetings from the Roku Community and thanks for keeping us updated!

We are currently aware of the issue, and our appropriate Roku team is still investigating this problem. Once more information is available, we will make sure to update this community thread. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Dapirate

Following, as I have the same issue. It seems to last longer if the power save features are disabled but after a while, the Roku enables the power save again and the checkout is reverted back to Dec 31st. Very odd behavior.

0 Kudos
Sandyside

Following as well. Mine are new (August) 4k sticks and have done this since I installed them. Mine are receiving power from the TV’s USB port versus a wall jack. I thought this might be a result of losing power when the tv is shut off but haven’t had a chance to test. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.