Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Florida-Rentals
Channel Surfer

[OS 14] Guest Mode is broken, bad firmware update

I had to wait a day to recreate the issue because it occurs mainly after the previous guest's automatic sign-out.

I did it on my personal ROKU Ultra. Yesterday, I set it to Guest Mode and logged in as a guest for one day. After ROKU logged me out automatically today, it acted weird. For example, this time, it was stuck when I tried setting a checkout date again. While waiting for it, I pressed the Home Button, and it went into this weird mode with some apps logged into my private account. Attached is the picture with the information you asked for.

20240927_174126.jpg

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Florida-Rentals
Channel Surfer

Re: Guest Mode is broken or stop working

Same issue here on all of our Roku devices! Plus if you click home or another button, it gives access to our home account with some apps logged in and payment info available!!! Needs emergency attention! Serious security breach!

0 Kudos
Florida-Rentals
Channel Surfer

In addition to my post above, this security breach appears to happen when guest is automatically logged out at their check out date.

Florida-Rentals
Channel Surfer

This is how we got tipped off as well. Guests setting up profiles on our accounts! Fortunately they didn't buy stuff. I hope Roku fixes this security breach fast!

0 Kudos
Florida-Rentals
Channel Surfer

Is anybody from ROKU listening?  This is a severe breach!

I just went through six properties, and in four of them, I was able to press the home button on the remote while in the "set checkout date" screen to put them into this weird mode where the device went to the home screen showing the apps from our account, and they were logged in!

0 Kudos
Florida-Rentals
Channel Surfer

Re: Guest Mode is broken, bad firmware update

We moved to ROKU for all of our properties only because of the availability of Guest Mode! One of the issues our guests are having is that when the box is in "weird mode," they can't sign out of guests mode and delete the logins they added, which is resulting in complaints and service callouts. ROKU!? ARE YOU LISTENING?

0 Kudos
Florida-Rentals
Channel Surfer

Well, this is their forum, so I guess, perhaps mistakenly, that they monitor it. 

0 Kudos
Florida-Rentals
Channel Surfer

Thank you for replying, Riamie!

A couple of months ago, we noticed guests adding profiles to our personal streaming accounts on paramount+ and Hulu and confirmed that there was a problem a week ago when visiting one of the properties.

The properties have a mix of TCL and Philips ROKU TVs and ROKU ULTRA boxes.

We made sure the software was up to date, and it was. We rebooted the units and switched out and back into guest mode. We set the check-out date to the next day a couple of days in a row to test with the same results. We also performed a factory reset and re-registered the six devices in the one property to a new ROKU account. The problem persists.

Since we are not physically at the properties, we will try to recreate this issue on one of our personal devices and report back. Hopefully, others can do the same.

0 Kudos
Florida-Rentals
Channel Surfer

Riamie. Did you see my response with the information you requested? Do you have everything you need now? 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.