Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dielionhmb

Add a gaming service like Steam

Would love to have an app for something like Steam link to stream gaming through the Roku 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Add a gaming service like Steam

The Roku is not a gaming device. It doesn't have a remote that would work well for gaming, and you can't link a better remote. It has virtually no storage space for any game information, and frankly doesn't have a good enough processor or video card to support anything beyond a very basic app. 

If you want to game, there's the Sony PS whatever they are up to (PS 5?), the XBox, Nintendo has a good gaming platform, and there are some games that can be played on an Nvidia Shield. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Ardueno62

Re: Add a gaming service like Steam

Hey Dan, I suggest you look into steam link — the hardware has nothing to do with remote streaming. The TV is used to display the video output, sound the audio, and send the controller input over WiFi. Also, the game information and game itself would not be stored on the TV. Hope this clears things up.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.