Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jabbatoonces
Channel Surfer

Re: Menu volume not working since update yesterday

Hi again. My roku 3820rw 4k stick has been updated and so far the menu sound has been working for the last 3 days. 🤞

Teresa751
Streaming Star

I called customer service about a week ago. They said they would pass the message along. 

Nothing has been done. I never even got an email they said would be sent. 

It was working for 3 days. Then I had a network wifi issue so I restarted my device. Then the menu volume stopped working again. 

I'm really fed up at this point as it's a software problem and it should of been fixed by now. Ever since Nov 3rd update. 

0 Kudos
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Teresa751 ,

Thanks for reaching out for support here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about this issue and find the possible solutions to resolve this. Would you be so kind as to provide the following details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we'll be able to forward it to the team for review to be addressed. We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Teresa751
Streaming Star

I called again yesterday and I got a supercharge system update. And it's working again for now. But it seems if I have to reset my device it might not work again. 

I already have information on the first post to this thread. Page 1. But here it is again. 

Model: 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number: X016007LGSUP

Software version: 12.5.0 build 4178-CR

Device ID: S0

7P216LGSUP

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Teresa751,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to gather more information. Can you please provide the Tracker ID that was asked for above?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Teresa751
Streaming Star

Well I knew it. I did a system reset out of curiosity, and lost the menu volume sound again. 

Issue ID: UP-519-751 

Looks like sending a "supercharge your system" yesterday was a temporary fix. Look I am really tired of this. It's a software issue since Nov 3 2023 update by Roku. This never happened before that Nov 3 update. Can you guys get anything done? Otherwise I will be looking into other streaming devices. This is pathetic! 

Tracker ID? I don't have one? I was told I would get a phone call or email. All I got is Issue ID 

🙄

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Teresa751,

We really do apologize for the delay in our solutions to this. This case is still on hold with our engineering team, and we don't have any further updates about it.

I'll make sure to forward any relevant information once we have it available.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jabbatoonces
Channel Surfer

Just want to let you guys know there has been no issues with my Roku 3820RW 4k stick since the fix over 2 weeks ago. Really appreciate the opportunity to communicate with real people for a change. Thanks again! And the rest of ya, be nice! 😽

0 Kudos
Teresa751
Streaming Star

I have new information. 

When I am playing a video, I click on the star button on my remote, and I get volume leveling or night. So I clicked on night, then leveling, and the menu click sound comes back, and the leveling volume comes back. However, it's just a temporary fix. So when I reset my device, I have to keep doing that. 

I hope this new information helps to fix it permanently? 

Here's my device info

Model: 3941X - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number: X016007LGSUP

Software version: 12.5.5 build 4174-CR

GC version: 10.4.45

Timestamp: 2024-01-06T13:25:05Z

Device ID: S07P216LGSUP

Issue ID: UP-008-005

0 Kudos
TrewLew
Reel Rookie

Menu clicks not working in YouTube app but working in Roku Home Screen. I have restarted the YouTube app, removed it and added, tried logging out, restarted YouTube. Nothing worked. I cannot get menu clicks to turn back on in the YouTube app. 

0 Kudos