Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
COJP
Reel Rookie

Re: No sound when using AirPlay

I had a similar problem of no sound when using screen mirroring from iPad OS 16.7 on an iPad mini 6th gen to my 3820X X017009J94D7 S08Y419J94D7 Streaming Stick 4K.

My problem turned out to be the vintage Samsung UN32F5500AFXZA was unable to correctly decode the audio until I forced the Roku Settings > Audio > Digital output format to "STERO" vs. "AUTO"

I had a similar app problem on a very old TV that did not recognize the audio codec that the app was outputting onto the HDMI connection.

Other devices mirrored using the "AUTO" setting for the digital output. I think the Roku expects the TV can decode some audio formats... I think mine was a 6 channel AC3 audio.

[Oct. 24 - added SN/ID so tech support can peek at logs etc.] 

theriaJ
Reel Rookie

My build type is 4175-ED.

The sound through AirPlay has randomly started working again so I’m wondering if this is a glitch or is there an actual resolution to this?

I did notice that I’m unable to hear the sound from AirPlay whenever the system haptics goes out as well (sounds heard when making selections on Home Screen or hitting home button)

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for keeping us updated with the information you provided regarding this issue.

Kindly send us the following details, and we'll forward them to our team for further investigation.

• Mobile device model and iOS version.
  • Roku streaming device information such as serial number, device ID, and model number. (All these can be found in Settings > System > About)

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Trusted

I am also having the same problem using iphone 13 

roku model 4801rw device id s0dd318yjc4s

0 Kudos
mpwagner

I was having the exact same problem. I just discovered that while using airplay on Roku, if you hit the settings, button, or the ✴️, and set sound mode to off, you will get audio. This is what works for me anyway. I hope this helps you as well.

Vaiosaurus

Please Fix This

Macbook Pro M1 Max - R4PVG6Y4M2 - Sonoma 14.0

iPhone 14 Pro - M0J0KVPQHQ - iOS 17.0.3

Roku Streaming Stick 4k - X017033DFWN - 3820X

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Vaiosaurus,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for the report could you also share with us the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vaiosaurus

Roku device Model - 3820X - Streaming Stick 4k

Serial Number - X0170032DFWN

Device ID - S08Y41D2DFWN

Software Version - 12.5.0 * build 4178-CU

Tracer ID - WN-437-344

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Vaiosaurus,

Thanks for your prompt response!

We'll forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We'll make sure to update this on how things turn out.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jchen168

I have the same issue, I was trying to connect the IOS devices to my TCL ROKU TV, there is not any voice but only video.

IOS devices: IPhone 13 Max IOS Version 17.0.3, IPad Pro IOS Version 17.0.2

Roku device information: 

TCL Model: 65S435

Serial Number: X00000SJRA5T

Device ID: S02Y212JRA5T

Thanks,

Ji

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.