Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CoreyGruber
Reel Rookie

Netflix content cannot be added to Roku Save List

Jump to solution

Why does Netflix work so terribly on Roku? Not only can I not add any Netflix exclusive content to my Roku Save List, but the Netflix app crashes constantly. This is a widespread issue and needs attention immediately. Does Netflix have anything to do with this issue at all? Does Roku not realize how popular Netflix is as a streaming service? GET IT TOGETHER.

And yes, I've removed the app and restarted my tv as per Roku suggestion. It only helps for the next use though. Once some time goes by, Netflix will inevitably crash again.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Netflix content cannot be added to Roku Save List

Jump to solution

@CoreyGruber 

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the Roku Save List does not currently support Netflix content.

For more detailed information about the Roku Save List feature, visit our Support page here: How to save movies and TV shows using Save List

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @CoreyGruber

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
CoreyGruber
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes. As stated in my original message, I followed all of the steps that roku suggests. I included that in my message because I knew that's how you'd respond. I also stated that it works once and then fails again after some time has passed. Did you read my message, Or just identify the surface of the issue and paste the cookie-cutter response?

The link you provided offers no actual help. Stop deflecting and recognize the fact that Roku has an internal issue with the Netflix app. This is a widespread problem that will need to be fixed on your end. Please advise on Roku's course of action for this issue.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@CoreyGruber 

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the Roku Save List does not currently support Netflix content.

For more detailed information about the Roku Save List feature, visit our Support page here: How to save movies and TV shows using Save List

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
plaincurious
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Netflix content also cannot be deleted from the Roku Save List!  I have several titles that were migrated to the Save List when that feature was introduced, and now it drives me crazy that I cannot delete them after I have watched them!  Please keep us posted on what is being done to fix this.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @plaincurious

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community. 

May we ask does the Netflix channel is still installed on your Roku device? Have you tried to restart your Roku device and see if it helps? We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Does this help? Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa 

0 Kudos
plaincurious
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I tried all those things during a technical support chat.  So please don't delude yourself that your "fix" actually works.  It doesn't.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@plaincurious

Thanks for following up. 

You will be able to save content such as movies and TV shows from providers across the Roku platform. The only exception is you cannot save content that is exclusive to Netflix.

However, if you no longer want an item in Save List, use the instructions below to find the title and select Remove from Save List. Alternatively, you can remove an item on the What to watch screen. From the Save List row, select a title and then on the details screen select Remove from Save List. 

1. Press Home  on your remote
  2. Scroll and select Search or press the Voice button on your remote
  3. Type or say the title of your movie or TV show
  4. Use the directional pad on your remote to access the search results

After you remove an item from the Save List, the row in What to watch will update to reflect the change.

You can see more here: How to save movies and TV shows using Save List

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
plaincurious
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am using a Roku Ultra and do not see any Netflix settings.  Which device are you using?  Just curious.

0 Kudos
gaildi
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Is there a Roku chat?  I cannot add or connect netflix on my roku

0 Kudos