Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthewz48
Binge Watcher

Indicator light stays on after 11.5 update

Hello. After updating to Roku OS 11.5 my indicator light on my Roku Ultra stays on. It does this on both my Roku Ultra devices. What’s causing this? 

72 REPLIES 72
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Indicator light stays on after 11.5 update

@matthewz48 

The older devices seem to have the light on when being used, and then the light will go off when it enters sleep/low-power mode.

Somewhere in the last release of devices, users started noticing either the light always staying on, or never being on even when in use. (some reported the occasional flashing when responding to a command from the remote).

Not sure if an answer was ever really provided on this behavior.  All my devices behave in the first scenario - light on when in use, light off when in sleep. (Two of my devices have 11.5, others still 11.0).

----

Although we have been suggesting to turn off the Power Savings Mode because of the various issues it seems to cause, perhaps you can try Enabling it and see if the light goes off.

Settings/System/Power/Auto Power Savings/20-min (Roku Ultra 480X models).

Just like I do when the Check Engine Light comes on in my truck, I find a piece of tape over that light will usually make the problem go away.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Chizzywink
Reel Rookie

Since I updated to 11.5 my Roku ultra indicator light stays on even when it entered sleep rest mode so it’s a problem with the update I’m assuming and Roku needs to send out an update to fix this issue. Hopefully they do this sooner than later. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Since a couple of users are seeing this with the 11.5 update, will page @RokuMary-F , @RokuKariza-D , and @RokuDanny-R so they can be made aware.

Usually they will need the Roku model number, serial number of device, and the OS including build number.

All found in Settings/System/About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

matthewz48
Binge Watcher

Model number 4800X 

Serial X0100094NHUX

OS 11.5 Build 4216-C2

0 Kudos
TBS-930
Reel Rookie

ROKU ULTRA 4800 & 4802 Auto Power Savings not working since recent OS Update

Recently, on 10/11/22, an OS update took place, and since then, the "Auto Power Savings" feature isn't working. When I turn off my player, the light remains on and prior to this update, it would go off. Also, any 20 minutes of inactivity while on would turn it off, and that does not happen either. (Software 11.5.0/Build 4216)

bsly2

I have the same issue. Light stays on almost all the time. Interestingly enough, my light will turn off for about 20 minutes when I turn all of my components off then turn back on and stay on. Perhaps it has something to do with CEC? My component chain is Roku to Denon Receiver to Vizio TV. 

Roku 4800X

Serial #S02A209JPOJK

Build 11.5.0 4216

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reporting this to Roku Community!

We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
7oo

I update to 11.5 on roku  ultra yesterday l, light goes off after 20 minutes and 20 minutes later comes back on and stays on

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @7oo,

Welcome to Roku Community and thanks for continuing to share what you're observing.

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator