Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoyElam
Streaming Star

Re: Indicator light stays on after 11.5 update

Same problem.. After update the Roku Ultra never goes into sleep mode after the TV is turned off. The light stays on..

I have taken to unplugging it to prevent heat damage and excess power supply use.
Strangely enough the light will go out if the TV is left on and the Roku goes to screen saver.

I have already replaced the power supply once and found that it was cheaper and faster to just buy one than replace it under warranty due to the fact that support insisted I had to mail them the entire unit instead of just sending me a replacement even though it was still under warranty at that time.

Model 4800X     S/N X01000NM19PU   Software version 11.50 Build 4216-C2 

Device ID S02A20CM19PU

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RoyElam,

Thanks for the post and for providing the information. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, I have passed along your information to our team. Please be aware that this issue is still under investigation by the appropriate Roku team. Once more information is available, I'll update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Just a reminder (since always have new users to Roku), that you need to press the Home Button when you are finished streaming.  This will stop all streaming, eventually activate screensaver, and allow device to eventually enter Sleep Mode.

Otherwise, you are relying on Auto Power Savings and Bandwidth Saver settings (if enabled) to stop the streaming and then enter Sleep Mode.

Pressing the Power button on your Roku remote only affects the TV, not the Roku device. (Power and volume buttons are TV controls only).

As I said, just a reminder and something to eliminate as a possible culprit.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RoyElam
Streaming Star

After a little testing I found that if you turn off the screen saver in settings the Roku will go into sleep mode as it should (With the TV off).

Other changes I have noticed with this software update is when my Fubo app is selected it starts up on the top of the TV guide instead of on the last channel used, the volume comes on at zero and apps on the home screen don’t always show as selected (ring of light around the icon).

RoyElam
Streaming Star

Verified last night and this morning: Turning off the screensaver in settings allowed the Roku sleep function to work as it should. 
The power light goes out.

0 Kudos
Rhea981

Disabling screen saver worked for my device, also.

MODEL: 4800X-Roku Ultra

SN: X01000H776T1

Software: 11.5.0 build 4225-C2

Device ID: S02A213776TT

0 Kudos
Joeklis

Use the Roku remote to turn off tv.

0 Kudos
elsc
Channel Surfer

Same issue as the rest.

4800X Roku Ultra

X010002C02GA

11.5 4235-C2

S02A20DC02GA

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RER
Reel Rookie

Light stays on for me, too, and I did check the auto-off setting is still on!

model Express 4K+
sn S07P219W7C9W

display type automatic (1080p)

software version 11.5.0 build 4235-CR

0 Kudos