Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im having issues with my HDMI and connecting Other devic to my Roku.

Jump to solution

The fact there is no support number that'll answer me right now is obscene but whatever. My Roku TV has connected perfectly fine to my laptop a few months ago and my Xbox literally a month ago. However, it does not display my devices at all through the HDMI screens even though it acknowledges that it's plugged in, even with the mirroring to my laptop it says it's connected so I know my cables are perfectly fine. So I have no idea why my devices won't display even when messing with the hdmi modes- I've tried all the different modes for both. I even tired switching the cables and no luck. Is there anyone who can possibly give me an idea what's wrong?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Im having issues with my HDMI and connecting Other devic to my Roku.

Jump to solution

Hi, @SamsonAnderley.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an issue with all the HDMI connections on your Roku. We're here to take a closer look.

To troubleshoot the problem, try doing the following steps:

• Try reinserting the cables at the back of the TV and make sure that it is properly seated.
  • Restart your Roku. Just navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart. This will refresh the system of your TV.
  • In addition, kindly specify what Roku TV you are having problems.

We recommend trying the steps suggested above to see if it improves your current situation.

Please keep us posted for more updates.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Gotahave,

We are glad to have you here reporting the issue of your Roku TV showing no signal when you try to access the external device or your Laptop that is connected to the television. We would be more than willing to assist you with this concern.

Let's see if this will work for you. Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below.

• Try to switch the HDMI cable to into different HDMI port on your Roku TV. (Example: From HDMI 2 plug it into HDMI 1 or 3)
  • Restart the Roku TV by unplugging it from the power source for 10 seconds and plug it back. Otherwise, you can try the following:
  1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart
  • Restart the connected external device or your Laptop.
  • Ensure that the HDMI cable is firmly connected to the Roku TV and to your Laptop.

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps help you to resolve your issue.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @SamsonAnderley.

We understand that you are having an issue with all the HDMI connections on your Roku. We're here to take a closer look.

To troubleshoot the problem, try doing the following steps:

• Try reinserting the cables at the back of the TV and make sure that it is properly seated.
  • Restart your Roku. Just navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart. This will refresh the system of your TV.
  • In addition, kindly specify what Roku TV you are having problems.

We recommend trying the steps suggested above to see if it improves your current situation.

Please keep us posted for more updates.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bedfordboy

Jump to solution

I am using a Roku Ultra. I normally use Netflix, Prime and Disney Plus. Prime and Disney work flawlessly but Netflix (on an irregular basis) stops and  Roku screen referencing the 2.2 HDMI requirements and the Power off, unplug, plug in solution. ONLY Netflix. I have a 2 week old Onkyo connected to the Ultra. All HDMI are 8k/10k and new. I have rebooted in Settings and followed the reconnect instructions. Occasionally returning to the main Netflix screen solves  the problem and that session is trouble free.

@jilev.ca

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having this problem too.  I will see if I still have the box with the cable.  I do not remember if I had the cable come with the tv.  I am using the cox cable contour cable.  I am going to see if a new cable will work.  Since I've had this, it has always says this Is the signal on and then turns on contour.  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hisense Roku just got it. HDMI 1 is connected to the bell receiver. My tv just wants to enter my email. Please help me put my tv on

I can't get to the right screen. Just wants money to log in. I just want to know how to get rid of this screen.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Louisevezina, it sounds like you don't want to create a Roku account and just use your TV as a "dumb" TV.  Is that what you're trying to do?

By the way, nothing is asking you for money.  Roku accounts are free to create and Roku devices are free to use.  You can bypass the step where it asks for a credit card, but even if you add a credit card to your account it will only be charged if you choose to purchase or subscribe to something and it can always be removed from your account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Gotahave

Jump to solution

I have the onn. RokkuTV 32 inch. My HMDI 2was woerking fine then it stated displaying 'Looking for a singnal,' then switched to 'No signal(is it on?).  I've switched to a new cable, unplugged, replugged, turned the tv and laptop on and off several times as instructed to do.  Still not a response of display.  I have ever seen different messages displaye like 'Getting closer,' 'Mountain view' and something about 'Wheel spinning.'  Pretty frustrating actions.   Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Gotahave,

We are glad to have you here reporting the issue of your Roku TV showing no signal when you try to access the external device or your Laptop that is connected to the television. We would be more than willing to assist you with this concern.

Let's see if this will work for you. Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps below.

• Try to switch the HDMI cable to into different HDMI port on your Roku TV. (Example: From HDMI 2 plug it into HDMI 1 or 3)
  • Restart the Roku TV by unplugging it from the power source for 10 seconds and plug it back. Otherwise, you can try the following:
  1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart
  • Restart the connected external device or your Laptop.
  • Ensure that the HDMI cable is firmly connected to the Roku TV and to your Laptop.

Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps help you to resolve your issue.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.