Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RISE_1
Channel Surfer

Re: How to remove / delete 'continue watching' from The Roku Home Screen

@RokuTakashi , We've been told by @RokuEuniceL that this option is supposed to be able to be hidden on update 12.5 but that is just not true. I have update version 12.5 and still no option to hide "continue watching." Someone at Roku should at least be able to give us an honest and accurate update about this. 

dav05
Reel Rookie

The 'Continue Watching' app is broke. I can't get rid of 'Ashoka' no matter what I try. The series is over, the season finale has aired. I really don't want to see that icon until the next season starts. Fix it.

Deal days start today. Lots of streaming sticks being sold. You'd think Roku would want to keep their customers and FIX THIS.

ChristianZane
Streaming Star

IT’S BACK!!!! After the Continue Watching disappeared for a few weeks it showed up again today, unbelievable!  The settings Home Screen option has NO tab to remove it.

0 Kudos

This really is a joke now and makes Roku look even worse. I've spent hours now over the past few weeks trying to get these to stop coming back after a guest stayed at one of our houses and installed Disney+ and ever since then we keep getting their "Continue Watching" shows popping up on all 8 of our Roku's, even after signing out of their Disney+ account on our Roku's and uninstalling Disney+ app on all of them them as well and updating all to the latest software.

They are watching Disney+ from some other location now, but we still get their shows in our continue watching on all our Roku's and what's even funnier is some specific shows we cannot remove at all such as "Ahsoka"...If you look around other people have the same issue with that show where it's stuck inside "Continue Watching" forever.

Really don't feel like factory resetting 8 different Roku's and having to customize every one of them again.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JohnnySapphire,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any trouble this may have caused you. Currently, we're in the process of finalizing these changes with an upcoming OS update.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dav05
Reel Rookie

Credit where credit is due. Ashoka finally disappeared off my home screen. THANK YOU! I really appreciate programers listening to the community. I hope its fixed for everyone here. If not, just hold on.

0 Kudos
willir64
Binge Watcher

Your response is not good enough. This might be good for some but not for all. It's a pain that we watch a movie and don't want to see the end credits. But your stupid idea puts it on the continue to watch list. Watch what? Something I didn't want to see to begin with? I will start new show to see if I like them and if I don't I'll stop. But yet it on your continue to watch list making me to extra steps for no good reason. It clutters up the screen. I also have trouble with my vision and having 3 icons per row I could easily see it. Now I get no say into the change who forced me to go to 4 icons a row and makes it harder for me to see. Maybe I should file a complaint for a ADA violation. But Roku doesn't care

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @willir64,

We regret hearing about this experience. Please know that we appreciate your feedback and we value your input. Rest assured, our upcoming OS update is equipped with newer options to choose from. However, since this rollout may be slow in progress, we will sincerely appreciate your understanding in the meantime.

If you need further clarification or have other inquiries, please let us know, and we'll do our best to assist.

Warm regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
deterrak

Dear Roku, in a free market you do know what happens to products that people don't like? I suggest you pay close attention to the negative feedback of this 'feature'.

440mike
Binge Watcher

i have 2 new TCLs.  When will i see this update that i have been reading about since July?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.