Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
440mike
Binge Watcher

Re: How to remove / delete 'continue watching' from The Roku Home Screen

why are some people on version 12 and have 4 rows and i am on 12.5.0 with only 3 tiles per row?

0 Kudos
lotusvball

REMOVE IT NOW I HATE IT. I NEVER ASKED FOR AND DON'T WANT IT.

0 Kudos
BronxKid167
Binge Watcher

They keep saying an update is coming. Three months later nothing and we are still waiting. What I think is they do not know how to release an update for 1 or 2 issues. It is like they have to release a complete operating system. Crazy!!!

0 Kudos
wzqjzt

Didn't work - any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@wzqjzt, there are no suggestions as it's not possible at this time.  Hopefully it will be possible in the future.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
geeteeL
Reel Rookie

Looks there was an update on 11/16/23 "Continue Watching" is still there. I searched and there doesn't seem to be an option to remove it. I feel all this talk from Roku has been a smoke screen and a delaying action. Time to move on to a different device...

0 Kudos
jimsz
Streaming Star

As part of our action to address this issue, the coming Roku OS update will have the option to hide the "Continue Watching" feature on the Roku interface. Currently, we're in the process of finalizing these changes. In the meantime, we value your input as well as your patience.

Oh come one already. We've been being told that for a couple months. Poorly thought out changes without regard to your customers.

0 Kudos
MattieBman

*settings 

*home screen

*continue watching 

*hide

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@MattieBman That update may not be available for everyone yet.  I have six Roku devices and five have option you described.

0 Kudos
tiberius2112
Reel Rookie

Well, the update has arrived and the "continue watching" is now optional.  Thanks for listening and responding to your customers.  Hey...I even reloaded the Roku app!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.