Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShabaTheHut
Reel Rookie

How to fix for the remote pop-up notification in the top right corner of the screen

I've been googling for days in search of a fix for the remote pop-up notification in the top right corner of the screen... 

I've owned and routinely (daily) used Roku products since 2008, starting with the streaming boxes, then the sticks and now the TV's.. I've owned several Roku TV's (all from TCL) and I'm now having this issue suddenly with my TCL 55P605 (hardware ID: 7103X)... To my knowledge, I'm fully updated, on software version 12.0.0 build 4182-30

This problem started happening in the last couple of weeks out of nowhere, never had this problem before in the 6 years I've owned the TV, I had assumed it was something related to a recent update - because I do recall having an update pushed around the time it started happening... but then I made sure to search google & the forums here for answers and I've found dozens, maybe even hundreds of others with the same exact issue - dating all the way back to 2020 and the majority of them being in 2022, however I didn't manage to find any that had resolutions... 

Anyways, the biggest/most disruptive issue is the CONSTANT popping up of the remote battery level notification in the upper right corner of the TV, displaying every 5 seconds or so, even when the battery level is full. It even spam pops up while the remote is charging. (it's the pro voice remote, just to clarify before people start talking about trying different batteries - that is not an option, because the batteries are internal on this model 🙂

In addition to his issue I have noticed the remote draining battery MUCH quicker than it ever did previously - and  I've never even used the voice feature - in fact  I've always kept the slider on the side of the remote in the off-position. 

If anyone has any input or dealt with this successfully before please feel free to chime in - before i lose my mind lol 🙃

Labels (1)
18 REPLIES 18
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

How to fix for the remote pop-up notification in the top right corner of the screen

Hi @ShabaTheHut,

Welcome to the Roku community, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We'd love to take a peek and see how we can get you up and running.

Let us know...

• Does a simple restart help fix the issue?
  • Does repairing your remote relieve the issue you're seeing?

With more information, we'll be able to further zoom in.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I’m having the same issue and have been reading through the community and everyone working for @Roku says the same thing with nothing that fixes the issue! It is absolutely annoying as I spent $30 for this new Roku Voice Remote and it is constantly popping up in the corner of the TV and there’s nothing that fixes it no resetting remote, the button on back isn’t stuck, absolutely nothing in settings to turn off the notification! I’ve read multiple people saying they should fix this is an update but it continually gets ignored and drives everyone crazy! Nobody wants to watch a show and have a remote battery notification popping up every 10 seconds or so in the right corner! It doesn’t matter if it’s fully charged or not it continues to notify you! Stop ignoring us customers and fix this issue instead of acting like more info is needed when it’s not! There’s even a comment on here with a picture of what it’s doing and you only give the same responses! Make it so it doesn’t do this until the remote is actually low like 25% maybe but not to continuously notify as you’d think that is draining the battery as well! My remote is suppose to last up to 3 months on a charge and in a day it’s down 20% and I’ve had it for almost 3 weeks now! This isn’t ok and needs to be fixed instead of continually being swept under the rug!

0 Kudos
ShabaTheHut
Reel Rookie

No, restarting does not fix it. 

I've tried repairing it twice, and on two different roku tv's... 

After a little more time spent with it, my hunch is that the internal battery is just completely dead and no longer holds a charge... which I'm assuming is what's causing the notification spam to act the way it is..? 

Either way, seems very odd that the internal battery is already not holding a charge anymore...

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GMcCallum20 @ShabaTheHut,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're having trouble with the notification popping up on your TV about the Roku remote's battery. What type of Roku remote are you using right now? (simple, voice remote, or voice remote pro) Please be advised that your Roku device displays an on-screen message when the rechargeable or non-rechargeable lithium-ion battery in your remote is running low on power. A full charge for your Roku voice pro remote takes roughly 3 hours and lasts approximately 2 months under normal use. Please note that heavy private listening use drains the battery more quickly. It can be used while charging, if necessary. If, in any case, you are having trouble charging your remote, you can use another charging cable and ensure to power it directly from the wall outlet. Also, depending on the remote usage, the battery may drain fast too on your Roku voice remote or Roku simple remote, so we advise you to have extra batteries.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chrisj333
Reel Rookie

I am having this issue.  Its progressively getting worse.  The remote is UNRESPONSIVE when the notification is about to pop up.  I changed the batteries and I'm having the same issue.  To the point where I can't flip between channels.  I need to find something and let is stay on screen for fear it would be literal minutes before I'm able to change it again.  Unacceptable.  Would a new remote fix this issue? I've done a system restart, unplugged it.  Nothing works.  

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @chrisj333,

We apologize for this experience. This is not what we aim for.
We'll need personal details to resolve this issue, please send us a PM here.

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chrisj333
Reel Rookie

How do I PM?  

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @chrisj333,

Thank you for keeping us posted!
To message us, select the name of a user. Once redirected to the profile, select the option "Send this user a private message."

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chrisj333
Reel Rookie

Thanks, sent one to you and Janadee

0 Kudos