Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MS13
Channel Surfer

How to fix for the remote pop-up notification in the top right corner of the screen

I just got my latest Roku Ultra device and am having the same issue with constant battery notifications popping up even though the remote is charged. How to fix?! Might have to return it otherwise.

0 Kudos
MS13
Channel Surfer

How to fix for the remote pop-up notification in the top right corner of the screen

From Roku Support chat: 

Please follow these troubleshooting steps:
1. System Restart: home>scroll then select settings>system>power but if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step>system restart
2. unplug your TV and Roku Ultra device from the power source for 30 seconds
3. Factory Reset: home>scroll then select settings>system>advanced system settings>factory reset>factory reset everything>follow the on-screen instructions
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MS13,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community and we appreciate you for sharing your experience about this.

We'd like to take a closer into this and see what we can help. Could you tell us more about this? We would recommend performing a repair on your remote to see if that makes a difference. If the problem persists, please get back here and share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

Please let us know more about this so that we can further look into it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MS13
Channel Surfer

I did walk through the reboot of the remote yesterday when chatting with Roku helpdesk (after a System Restart and Factory Reset). It did not work. I sent a screenshot as well. The remote is fully charged and works fine. However, when watching anything, the Battery Notification pops up in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Issue ID# 42499729

Model: 4802X - Roku Ultra

Ser#: X01000XFGP42

Ver# 12.5.0  build 4178-C2

ID# S0DA23AFGP42

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @MS13.

Thank you for providing us with the requested details.

Rest assured that this has been forwarded to the relevant Roku team for further review.

Once more information is available, we will make sure to update this thread. In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MS13
Channel Surfer

Thanks - How long until there is a solution expected? Can't stand to use it as it is now. 😒

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for getting back to us, @MS13.

In the meantime, we don't have any updates or further information from the team yet as this is currently in the process of investigation.

No worries! Once we hear from the team, we will make sure to update this thread.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as well. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MS13
Channel Surfer

Since receiving it, I have not been able to use this device without the popups, so I have not used it. Checked it after 2 days and the remote battery was completely dead, even though it had not been used. My guess is the battery is defective. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Battery Notification Popup SPAMMING my screen... Help me before I have an aneurysm

We appreciate you for keeping us posted, @MS13.

Given that you indicated that the battery on your Roku remote is drained, did the battery notification still appear? Also, have you tried to change the batteries of your remote to see if it will still work? 

We'll be anticipating your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.