Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mmmart
Channel Surfer

Re: How to change Roku home screen app display from 4 columns back to 3

I stopped waiting. Bought some fire sticks and the tv cube. I don’t think Roku has any intention of changing this since it wasn’t delivered from an update and now they claim an update is needed “in the future”. So I have some Roku tech to sell in the garage sale.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Mmmart make sure you factory reset each of your old Roku devices before selling them. You want your personal information removed before you let someone else have them. After you do that, go to your Roku user account page (https://my.roku.com) and remove the devices from there as well. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
MikieAC
Channel Surfer

So, I don't understand.

All of my Roku devices (I have three) reverted from the four tile format back to the three tile format about a month and a half ago.

So, why are other people STILL have this problem???

It just doesn't seem that difficult to push out a software roll back for all of us.

BLACK FRIDAY IS 24 NOV 2023...

lencondry
Reel Rookie

Mmmart… I would love to hear what you think about the Fire TV box.  It’s what I’m thinking about moving to if Roku doesn’t fix this issue by Black Friday. 

0 Kudos
Nosoynadie
Binge Watcher

Version 12.5 is supposed to allow you to choose between 3 or 4 tiles. I have 12.5 on two of my Rokus and no option. I searched all screens. So I call BS. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Nosoynadie, they didn't say which build of 12.5 it would be available.  Roku doesn't do anything quickly.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
jimsz
Streaming Star

Roku is going to keep kicking the can down the road. They don't want  to roll these features back.

First they mess up their live channels in the actual roku map. What a holy mess that became (I downloaded the sling app and redbox app and watch my "live/listings" TV via their free channels because their channel lineup is not a mess like Roku's has become).

Then they force a search on the main screen.

Then shove a continue watching on the main screen.

Then shove 4 icons in a row and makes a small TV unusable.

I'm waiting for them to start autodownloading channel icons onto our rokus.

0 Kudos
MikieAC
Channel Surfer

@jimsz - Oh God, NO! Don't even give them that idea (auto-loading channels.)

0 Kudos
jimsz
Streaming Star

You know it's coming. I am sure sales have flatlined as the flatscreen and HD TV market is now mature, new revenue streams have to be opened.

The continue watching row, search, 4 icons row all for monetization not for usability.

For current day roku, you and I are the product they are selling. The device we buy is simply their "in".

0 Kudos
walkoffhomerun
Streaming Star

"display type" not in the settings so must be on an update most people dont have yet or possibly only available on non roku tv devices like sticks and ultra where tv screen size is unknown. Roku tvs would program in tv screen size since it's known so that option of display type is not available as of now

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.