Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tsc1234

Re: How to change Roku home screen app display from 4 columns back to 3

Please change this back! Or give me an option to be either 3 or 4 columns.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Tsc1234 that option is coming. No idea when, but shouldn't be too much longer. But I'm not going to make a guess on when, because that's a sure way it won't happen. 😄

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
taborj
Reel Rookie

To pile on here, my Philips Roku TV randomly updated to 4 columns today.  More annoying than that is the fact that all the inputs are now under a sub-menu called 'TV Inputs'.  So now I have to navigate to another level deep just to access the game consoles or blu-ray.  

After a reboot it briefly does the much better 3 column layout, before switching to 4.  What a tease.

As everyone else in the world has said, give us an option to switch, or just get rid of the horrendous 4 column version.

RABurdick
Reel Rookie

Twitter too

0 Kudos
Reeni

Tried the update fix. Did not work for me. Still have 4 😫

Ro838

Has there been a fix for this? Mine has changed today and it’s way too small to read the tiles without giving me a headache. I’m not saying it doesn’t work for some people, having the options to choose for those visually impaired and needing larger font would be smart. 

jimsz
Streaming Star

No there is no fix. Some have been switched back to 3. I have 6 TVs, each with a roku attached (3 different models) and 2 Phillips TVs with Roku built in. All have been 4 columns for well over a month.

At this point I think Roku has simply decided they don't care about the customers and are only looking to find ways to monetize our info as much as they can.

Roku has become pathetic and a company I will dump as I replace my Roku boxes.

lr3
Channel Surfer

Angry customers have been complaining about this for the last 3 Months!! In several posts, Roku has said they are rolling out a fix. LIE! THIS MESS JUST POPPED UP ON MY HOME PAGE....TODAY, in October.

We chose Roku over Amazon Fire because the user interface was LESS CLUTTERED. Now it's just a cluttered MESS, a 3-ring circus (actually 4-ring) like any Amazon home page or Yahoo Search.

Roku must have hired some fired developer from Sling, a company notorious for ruining their user interface.

I had the same thing happen to me. I have a habit of leaving my roku on most of the time because i have it set to display the time when it’s in idle. But I wish there was a way to change it back to 3 tiles. I think that it can be useful to have the 4 tiles so you can see more at one time but with some people (including myself) that can’t see that great from a distance it’s hard to read. There should be some option in settings where we can choose which layout we see fit. 

0 Kudos
r0kufan
Reel Rookie

1. I can't help but think this looks an awful lot like an accessibility issue for people who are visually impaired, especially when the device is made to be looked at from a distance. ADA anyone?
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.