Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerankin2
Binge Watcher

Re: How to change Roku home screen app display from 4 columns back to 3

I'm also having trouble with the icons vanishing tonight. I've been able to recover them by clicking on the right hand panel, which still displays a program ad. That activates Roku Channel, and all icons are back when I exit. Just started tonight.

0 Kudos
tv529
Reel Rookie

On my TV, I now have 3 columns again! Thanks, Roku!

0 Kudos

Wish I could change mine from 3 to 4

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You all have to be patient.  Roku doesn't do anything quickly.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
walkoffhomerun
Streaming Star

You eant to stick with 4 columns for now because the 4 column issue started about a week ago, quickly went back to 3 columns and that is when the much bigger issue started with the app icons not showing or being grayed out and live tv channels missing. This whole issue started with rokus ill fated mistake of going to 4 columns of icons then switching back to 3 and then all the icons disappeared.

Effectively making thr TV's and streaming players bricks and approaching class action legal action territory and roku cant seem to fix it even after publishing a statement 2 days ago they resolved the problem... But haven't. 

Lots of expensive TVs unwatchable right now

0 Kudos
jerankin2
Binge Watcher

I had the vanishing icons problem. I unplugged the entire TV, waited awhile, then plugged it back in and switched it on. After it went through a lengthy reboot, I still had vanishing icons. However, I discovered that switching the TV off and on while on the home screen brought them back. After using that trick awhile, it all stabilized. It's only a workaround, but at least it keeps the unit in shape to watch. That may or may not work for others.

jimsz
Streaming Star

This once great company has gone right down the toilet. It really is time to look at the Apple TV.

djkdlhsfjk4489
Reel Rookie

I also suffer from this issue.  It popped up on all 4 of my devices within 1 day of each other.

As a long time supporter of Roku devices (I've purchased 14 over the last 12 years for multiple screens), I am dismayed at the number of recent issues with the device OS configuration management.  I realize that we (the consumers) don't "pay" monthly fee's  and so cannot necessarily expect a "premium" experience, but these latest issues speak to a larger internal issue that appears to be plaguing all aspect of the operational consumer environment.  Bad or unrequested change can be worse than no change.

I've been test driving an alternative to Roku for the last couple of months, and though a more expensive option, it is a far more stable experience.  I'm sorry to say I will leave the Roku community for the foreseeable future.

I wish everyone the best of luck getting this latest issue resolved!

walkoffhomerun
Streaming Star

Everyone has to understand Roku started as a little stick device to plug in to TVs 15 years ago to get functionality to dead TVs and then many TVs started to have all the functionality built in Roku had so Roku went to an integrated software system into TVs and now that every TV is app driven there's really no market anymore for Roku so Roku is just like any other tech company right now trying to become a content provider versus a technology company and if you notice companies like TCL they have publicly begun to migrate away from the Roku operating system in favor of the AndroidTv operating system and so their market share is slipping and will continue to slip as more new TVs are made so they have to focus on content which is why they bought This Old House and are trying to create or pay for content on their own. So my guess is R&D and yech support is not the priority anymore and instead money and focus are going into content.

Just downloaded a new system update and it fixed my home screen display. Three rows, correctly sized.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.