Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kitkat1205

Re: No usable data, no solution

Did you make sure both devices are on the same wifi?

0 Kudos

Make sure “Home” is downloaded from the App Store. The QR will work. 

0 Kudos

SOLUTION:

Ensure you have the “Home” app installed on your iPhone. If not, download from the App Store. Open the Home app, click the + icon in the top right corner and it will pull up a camera to scan a QR Code. Scan the QR Code on your TV from Roku AirPlay. Then you’re all set! Please let me know if this works, because it worked for me! I had the same error. 

0 Kudos

Re: HomeKit error - No usable data, no solution

SOLUTION:

Ensure you have the “Home” app installed on your iPhone. If not, download from the App Store. Open the Home app, click the + icon in the top right corner and it will pull up a camera to scan a QR Code. Scan the QR Code on your TV from Roku AirPlay. Then you’re all set! Please let me know if this works, because it worked for me! I had the same error. 

0 Kudos
IndyAL
Reel Rookie

What is the Home app? I search for “Home” and nothing related to Apple or Roku appears. It’s other companies like Home Depot or Home monitoring services. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @IndyAL,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We acknowledge your concern regarding the Home app that several Community users mentioned in this thread. The Home app that was referred to is an application of Apple. For more information regarding this, kindly refer to this link. Home App

We hope this clarifies your concern, and if you have further concerns or inquiries, please feel free to reach out here in the Roku Community!

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

What does the home app look like? There are several 

0 Kudos

The default Home app that comes installed with your IPhone. The yellow house app

0 Kudos
Westneil

This solution worked for me:

1) Unplug ROKU device. 
2) Open trash bin. 
3) Drop device in bin. 

0 Kudos
LRFEHR
Reel Rookie

same issue with me....Roku claims it can't reach my email (?) so I have to scan QR code on box. No luck, not useable.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.