Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UpsetGuestMode
Binge Watcher

Re: Every time someone checks out needs to manually exit Guest Mode

Correct it cannot be done remotely. The only option then is for the guest to be told to perform the reset trick (adjust check out date / sign out / sign in with correct check out date / turn off power management).

0 Kudos
Hannah005
Reel Rookie

I manage two airbnbs. Last Friday the TVs at one of them were not signing out of guest mode.  I used the option to clear guest info and sign out. Everything seemed normal and the screen showed the signing out message and restarting message. The TV restarts and then ends up coming back into the signing out guest mode screen. I tried various rounds of using the reset button and unplugging the TV in different ways.  Resetting would bring me to recovery mode,  allow me to set a language,  and connect to the network. Then the only option I'm given is update. I run through the update and it completes successfully and reboots. When it comes back up it's back on the guest screen (rather than the welcome screen to set your check out date). I ended up having to call a repair man to come fix it. He told me he had to take the back of the TV off, reset it and disconnect the power from the main board to fully kill any leftover power left in it,  then reconnect it and reset it again. I ended up having to set it up again after this. I thought it was only this TV having the issue but then went to my other property yesterday (Monday) and found the same exact thing happening. I tried his workaround but it was not successful here. I spoke to another repair company and they suggested leaving the TV unplugged for at least an hour to achieve the same thing. I have a guest there so they haven't gotten back to me about trying it since I unplugged it but now I'm finding the other two TVs at my first property are still stuck in guest mode from the previous stay. I'm afraid to try the clear info option because at least as they are now you can still connect streaming apps and watch live TV. I saw there was an update pushed out Friday to fix an issue with guest mode and I'm wondering if it caused this new issue to occur. I need to fix 3 TVs right now and I'm not trying to pay another repair man. Any insight would be appreciated. The first TV that had the issue was an Element. The second was TCL. My other two TVs that are still stuck in guest mode ar Onn brand. I don't think it's a brand issue or an account issue since it's happening with multiple brands and accounts. I can provide more details on reset processes followed if needed. Please HELP!!

0 Kudos
UpsetGuestMode
Binge Watcher

I have sometimes had to exit guest mode then turn it back on, to clear weird oddities. An update has just dropped which your TV may have downloaded and in guest mode it cannot complete the update properly.
Worth a try...
0 Kudos
Dkradel
Reel Rookie

What worked for me is to access my account on the Roku app and select the TV I was having trouble with (I have 4 Airbnbs) and turned off guest mode. It then went through an update and when it was finished I could turn guest mode back on again. Do you have access to the account on the roku app? 

Dstrick

I went to my streaming devices and exited guest mode but still have the same issue- my Roku TV switches from the Home Screen with a box saying exiting guest mode and the TV screen that says TCL Roku TV. This is also happening on an Onn Roku TV at a different Airbnb. Remote won’t exit or change anything. I’ve done the reset button and unplugged also. 

0 Kudos
Hannah005
Reel Rookie

I had to have my client go in and turn off guest mode. I put it back on but I am concerned that it will go back to this again. I really need Roku support to confirm if this is something that will reoccur or not when the next guest signs out.

0 Kudos
Dkradel
Reel Rookie

I am hoping that the update cycle fixed the glitch. I’ll be able to verify after the current guests check out on Sunday. 

0 Kudos
mwcermak

I have approximately 30 Roku TV's across 5 rental properties and all of them are experiencing the same issues as noted in this string with Guest Mode.  I am remote in another state so cannot provide the model number or serial number for each TV.  

I have turned off guest mode on ALL TV's through my online account and plan to wait 48 hours for auto updates to push - will this solve the problem?   Can the Roku team confirm that they have pushed an update with a fix? 

0 Kudos
Dkradel
Reel Rookie

What worked for me yesterday is to log onto your Roku app on your phone and turn off the guest mode there. Then turn the Roku off and back on. It should do an update and work as normal. I’m going to check tomorrow (this is at an Airbnb) to see if the guest mode is working again.  Otherwise I’ll turn off the guest mode for now until the glitch is fixed. 

Multiple Roku TV are stuck in the guest mode loop this week… very frustrating!  Thankful to be able to turn off guest mode on the app… here are the ones I had to reset today  

Device type: 55" TCL Roku TV
Serial number: YN0032567420

Device type: 50" Hisense Roku TV  Serial number: X01900CP8H19

@RokuRiamie-D 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.