Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eaguilar14
Reel Rookie

Disable Roku Start Up Sound

Is there anyway to disable the start up and shut down sound for a Roku Streaming Stick 4k. It is connected to power via USB to the TV. I disabled the sound for the menu but that does not disable the start up/shut down sound. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disable Roku Start Up Sound

Hi @eaguilar14,

Welcome to the Roku Community! 

We appreciate your feedback about this and we're sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Please be advised that this feature is by design and no option to turn it off,  but we'll make sure to get this feedback in hand to the concerned team.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
eaguilar14
Reel Rookie

It actually looks like this was caused by the Roku but it’s a setting on my TV. I originally did not have start up sound on my TV set to on. I checked the setting and it was now on. I turned that setting off on my TV settings and I no longer get the sound. 

0 Kudos
bamashooter
Binge Watcher

It now does it on my Roku tv which was purchased only a few months ago. It started about a week or so again. It lasted a few days and went away on its on. Now it's back today. It happens when I launch YTTV either from the home page or a programmed button. Haven't tried other apps. Its always done it on my smaller, older Roku tv. long with that, it has come close to increasing my volume by nearly 100%. Prior to, I normally had my volume set at 9 using my 31" Roku soundbar. Now the same level of volume is at the 5 setting.

0 Kudos
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @bamashooter!

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your feedback.

Please be advised that this feature is intentional and cannot be disabled. However, we will share your feedback with the appropriate Roku team.

Wish you all the best,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bamashooter
Binge Watcher

Thank you. If intentional, why is it intermittent and along with it, my volume levels change per setting? Why is it intentional in the first place? I have the box checked to receive an email when someone replies. No email. Thanks.

0 Kudos
bamashooter
Binge Watcher

This morning, the tv returned back to my liking upon turning on. No startup tones and volume was set at 9. Go figure.

0 Kudos
bamashooter
Binge Watcher

"Please be advised that this feature is intentional and cannot be disabled." If that's so, it's a poor design based on it being so intermittent. BTW, it's back again this morning, to include the volume anomaly.

0 Kudos
bamashooter
Binge Watcher

Later in the day, the tv went back to my preferred status and currently remains so. A true, engineering marvel.

0 Kudos