Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SDFlaxx

Screen Mirroring stopped working

my screen mirroring stopped working. iam using a Samsung galaxy s21. I use it daily. I've even tried using other mirroring apps and those say my TV is unavailable. but all my settings are correct. I have a Onn Roku tv Model: 7823X - Roku tv

serial# yn00fj648759 (F059df648759)

software version 12.5.5 build 4174-at

gc version 11.3.24

timestamp 2024-04-17T03:22:49z

issue Id 59-154-282

Please help

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen Mirroring stopped working

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @SDFlaxx!

Thanks for letting us know about being unable to utilize the screen mirroring feature on your ONN Roku TV. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Rest assured that the information you've provided has already been forwarded and included in the investigation. Once we've been notified of any updates, we will make sure to let you know.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Livgriffith239
Binge Watcher

Literally the only work around I've found (it's the most annoying bandaid ever) is to reset the network settings in the roky advanced settings. Once the tv loads back up you can smart view again. But you can NOT have your TV connected to internet. So literally when your done screen sharing and want to go back to using your TV with wifi you have to connect again, type your password in AGAIN cause it's hit or miss with roku tvs .. sometimes it saves your password sometimes it doesn't. But really the mirroring hasn't worked consistently for about a year if not more. Yet it'll work if you reset the network. Dk why. It's bs. Buying a Samsung TV instead! 

wildcard

This is exactly the behavior I now see with the Streaming Stick. It used to work fine, but now, in the past several weeks, Screen Mirroring from Windows 10 and 11 fails; the Roku is not listed in the remote display panel. Unless, as you mentioned, I tell the Roku to reset it's network connection. When the Roku is disconnected from the network, Windows can then see the Roku and start screen mirroring.

Everything is at the latest update, power cycle of all components does not alter the problem.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.