Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicawilliam
Reel Rookie

Black screen after update

Hi,

I have a roku express from a few years ago that said it needed to update. When I tried it, it restarted, showed the roku screen for a few seconds, then went black. I unplufed it and pluged it back in and it still needed to update. This hapened doesns of times. I finaly reset the device to see if it would help, but it made it worse. Now I can't even set it up.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Black screen after update

Hi @Nicawilliam,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you're having an issue with your Roku Express after the update, and we'd like to learn more about this. Could you share with us if you're still seeing any power indicator on the device when it's being powered? If you're still seeing the light indicator, you may use different power cables and then connect it to a power outlet and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, please report back here along with the serial number; this can usually be found at the back of the device. We'll be able to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nicawilliam
Reel Rookie

Hi,

The white power light stays on but the screen stays black. I have tried 3 or 4 different power adapters and cables and have had no difference. 

As for the serial number, it is not clearly listed, but I believe it is C53940517907

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Nicawilliam,

Thanks for the prompt response!

We'll take it from here and forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation, and make sure to get back here for any update available.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.