Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Midnyte
Reel Rookie

"Continue Watching" appeared, then disappeared!

Hi all, I just found this forum and am looking for guidance. A few days ago I was astounded to see a much-needed feature appear on my home screen called "Continue Watching." It amazed me because my sister and I were recently talking about how that feature would make things so much easier! We both forget from night to night which streaming service we were using the previous night and then must test each individual channel's "continue watching" feature. Very irritating. So it was a great QoL upgrade, but then the next night it had disappeared! I almost wondered if I dreamed it but no, because I took a picture of it. I am not sure how I disabled it and can't find it in any of the settings . 😪 Has anyone else seen it and/or knows how to toggle it off and on? TIA. 

PXL_20230912_042523308.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: "Continue Watching" appeared, then disappeared!

@Midnyte 

The "Continue Watching" feature on the Home Screen is a test feature of Roku that will be released in some version of 12.5.

There is another "Continue Watching" (from which this Home Screen feature is based upon), but is located within another feature called "What to Watch". (an optional left side Home Screen menu item).

-----

In order to Enable the 'What to Watch" feature, go to Settings/Home Screen/What to Watch/[Show].

Then select What to Watch from the left side menu.  Then look for the Continue Watching section.  You should also notice a Save List and some other sections.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Midnyte
Reel Rookie

Aha, thanks so much for that info. I believe I have that feature hidden from my home screen because it wasn't useful for me. Tonight when I'm ready to watch I will poke around in there and see what I can find. Thanks again!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We will be locking this thread because of its outdated status. If you are still having issues related to this thread, please look through the Community for another thread that addresses the same problem. If there aren't any existing threads, you are more than welcome to create a new one.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.