Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lwieland48
Reel Rookie

How to search for channels

Jump to solution

I can’t find certain apps to subscribe to, there is no search option- you have to scroll through. For example I want to download and pay for a subscription to Bravo and I can’t find it. I once came across it and the “+ channel” button was grayed out, why would that be? How to add it? Same with ESPN…

I have Roku stick- do other Rokus allow for more channels maybe? 

thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to search for channels

Jump to solution

Sorry, when I said "region" I probably should have said country.  It sounds like your account isn't associated with the US.  It's all to easy to create an account that's associated with the wrong region.  The only way to fix it is to create a new Roku account, factory reset your device, and link it to the new account.  Make sure you're not using a VPN or anything else that might mask your true location when you create a new account at https://my.roku.com/signup.  You might want to use a different browser/computer or a private/incognito browser window to ensure there's no saved data that might interfere.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
renojim

Jump to solution

Where are you located?  Not all apps are available in all regions on Roku devices even if they're available on other platforms.

0 Kudos
Lwieland48
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Oh! I am on Vermont and New Hampshire border. How can I find out which apps would be/not be available in my region?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Sorry, when I said "region" I probably should have said country.  It sounds like your account isn't associated with the US.  It's all to easy to create an account that's associated with the wrong region.  The only way to fix it is to create a new Roku account, factory reset your device, and link it to the new account.  Make sure you're not using a VPN or anything else that might mask your true location when you create a new account at https://my.roku.com/signup.  You might want to use a different browser/computer or a private/incognito browser window to ensure there's no saved data that might interfere.

makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Lwieland48-

Another thing that can prevent a channel from being listed from within the Roku's interface is if you have an older Roku model that is no longer being supported by the developers of the channel.  What model and model number Roku do you have?  Settings > System > About will show you.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Lwieland48
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This resolved it! Somehow we registered to the UK so we couldn’t add any channels or see live TV, etc. we are all set now after I closed and reopened my account making sure it was based in the USA. Thanks for your support!