Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nik33

Anyone use Bluetooth headphones with roku? Stuttering issue?

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I’ve been using my airpods with roku for years. All of a sudden a few months ago I started to get small audio “stuttering” every 2 minutes or so. Anyone ever have this issue?

Only happens with Roku- doesn’t happen with podcasts or music.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Anyone use Bluetooth headphones with roku? Stuttering issue?

Jump to solution

Hi there @Zw909 / @nik33 

Bluetooth devices can pair to your mobile app for sound, but this setup isn't officially supported and you may notice issues with audio sync. Wired headphones and will work and you shouldn't notice audio lag there.

Bluetooth devices paired to your mobile app may work, but it's not an officially supported configuration.

A few devices support Bluetooth natively, and those devices will work with Bluetooth listening devices. You can see the supported list here: How to resolve issues connecting a Bluetooth device to your Roku device.

(You may have two different accounts if you use two different email addresses. Sometimes people with multiple Roku devices or previous Roku players will have more than one email account registered. You can check your email registration by navigating to http://my.roku.com or checking your Roku device or Roku TV for the email registered under Settings > About.) 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @nik33,
A warm welcome from the Roku Community!
Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your Bluetooth headphones and your Roku device. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue.

What Roku device are you using right now? How are you connecting your AirPods? Are you connecting the AirPods directly to the Roku device or through private listening through the Roku mobile app?

If you need additional help, use this link: How to resolve issues connecting a Bluetooth device to your Roku device.

With more details, we can help you further.

Best regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zw909
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku Ultra with private listening.

0 Kudos
Zw909
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am the OP not sure why I have different accounts. 

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi there @Zw909 / @nik33 

Bluetooth devices can pair to your mobile app for sound, but this setup isn't officially supported and you may notice issues with audio sync. Wired headphones and will work and you shouldn't notice audio lag there.

Bluetooth devices paired to your mobile app may work, but it's not an officially supported configuration.

A few devices support Bluetooth natively, and those devices will work with Bluetooth listening devices. You can see the supported list here: How to resolve issues connecting a Bluetooth device to your Roku device.

(You may have two different accounts if you use two different email addresses. Sometimes people with multiple Roku devices or previous Roku players will have more than one email account registered. You can check your email registration by navigating to http://my.roku.com or checking your Roku device or Roku TV for the email registered under Settings > About.) 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
Zw909
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What I’m confused about is why it was working fine before but now it’s not.

0 Kudos
Snotgurl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes!! This is happening to me as well. It is very recent. I generally always use bluetooth headphones, 3 different pairs and a wired pair all did the same stuttering and seems like the roku app was causing the disconnect. But yeah, wired did not work either. I have a 65r625

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Snotgurl,

Welcome to your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your concern with the private listening feature on the Roku mobile app. We would like to know more about how we can assist. Kindly be advised that only a few of the devices are supported by the Bluetooth connectivity with the private listening feature since it is not officially supported.

In the meantime, you can visit our support article for more information regarding Bluetooth connectivity issues at this link: How to resolve issues connecting a Bluetooth device to your Roku device

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Snotgurl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have deduced that it is the roku app. It was last updated 2 weeks ago and that's when my issue started. I tried different devices and headphones, even wired. I followed the instructions listed here but the issue persists. 

Doggpound007
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Did anyone ever respond? 

This is happening to me with a brand new streaming stick 4k. I also tested multiple bt headphones and it's definitely the app and private listening. When will this be resolved and how do we get a refund. The reason why I bought this is because roku advertises private listening 

0 Kudos