Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonny7
Channel Surfer

Screen Mirror from Windows 11 laptop Pixelating

Hi.  Just wondering if there are any computer settings that may help me.   I have an ASUS Vivobook laptop (Win11, 12th Gen Intel i5-12500H 2.50 GHz, 8GB RAM) bought new in Nov 2022.   For the last year, when I cast a movie to Roku, the video will play ok for a little bit but inevitably the picture on the TV will start to pixelate sporadically.   I have a Roku 3910RW.   WIFI band is 2.4GHz (same network on Roku and Laptop)  (BTW, this happens even if I download and save a video on my ASUS laptop first and then try to mirror it....)

Now here's the deal!   When I put my old 2016 Microsoft SurfacePro 4 (Win10, Intel i5-6300U 2.40 GHz, 4GB RAM with battery that doesn't last long) in the exact same place on the table in our room as my newer crankin' ASUS laptop, I can mirror just fine for hours with no video pixelating!   Now what the heck is that all about?   

One would conclude it's got to be something with the ASUS laptop (not the Roku, nor the WIFI signal).  I mean, the ASUS connects to the Roku just fine...it's just that repeated pixelating.   Please help... Been trying things off and on for a year, but finally thought to post something here in hopes someone smarter than me knows the answer.     Thx. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen Mirror from Windows 11 laptop Pixelating

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @Jonny7!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

We'd like to gather more information regarding the inability of your ASUS Vivobook laptop to cast on your Roku Express. Kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Is this still the case when you cast your ASUS laptop to your Roku device for the first time?
  • Could you provide us with a photo of the pixelated display?
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be anticipating your response as we would be more than happy to coordinate this with our relevant team for further review and correction. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.